Shared Religion Bonus for Culture Modifier

wydon

Chieftain
How is this modifier triggered? I am playing a culture game as France and I founded a religion along with every other civilization on my continent. My assumption is that once half of my cities are following a certain religion (not mine) I receive the modifier for the civ's holy city; however I do not see it in the civilopedia anywhere. Also if I have spread mine efficently I can trigger the modifier the same way applied to other civs. Can this be confirmed?

On a side note, When I had the option to found a religion earlier in my game I probably should have just settled my GP instead of actually finding a religion. I knew at the time that spreading it to other civs was not much of an option. Correct?

Edit: I am looking to increase my tourism thru shared religion modifier. How is this triggered?

The bonus apply for the cities following the religion, not the empire, if I am correct.

Founding a religion is usually beterr, as soon you'll have no more to be founded, specially in higher difficulties.

My question has to do with the +25% tourism boost. This is a civ-wide application...

Majority. If you have 4 cities. Only one of them follows your religion, the other 3 follows Egypts religion, then you will share the modifier with Egypt and any other civ that has their religion in the majority of their cities.

Top Bottom