Shattered Lands 2000BC Challenge

Larven

Warlord
Shattered Lands 2,000BC Challenge

For those that are playing the Shattered Lands 18 Player PBEM. I am starting to plan the tournaments that will offshoot from the main PBEM.

In this challenge, I will take your cities and units and place them on a custom map. You will have all the builds that are inside your city along with your culture. You will not be getting whatever you built outside your city as you will have to rebuild this stuff in the Challenge Game. You will also keep your technology.

The cut off will be Year 2,000 BC in the game. You will then play your civ in a single player challenge against all the other players civs. The one that wins the soonest is the grand winner of the challenge. Winners will also get a mystery prize that can be carried onto you next challenges.

1st Place --> 200 Tournament Points + Mystery Prize
2nd Place -->100 Tournament Points + Mystery Prize
3rd Place --> 50 Tournament Points + Mystery Prize

Participants have to be in the Shattered Lands PBEM. There is still room for you to join the PBEM. Go to this link Shattered Lands 18 Player PBEM and sign up.

Rule Clarifications
1. Only your capital city will be used. But if you have additional cities, you will get a settler for each one. I doubt you will have many cities by 2,000BC
2. Everything built in your capital city will be included. This includes Wonders.
3. I am not sure if the editor will allow me to add religions and capital religions. But if it does it ill be added. Otherwise I will give you a missionary of that religion.
4. Winning the soonest is determined by the game date you finish and not the real date. Though the time limit will be 1,000 BC of the main.
5. Forts will not be carried over. Nor will any other builds you have outside your city. ie. improvements and roads
6. Borders are set by the amount of culture I add to the city when I work the editor.
7. Remember that the main PBEM is more important. So don't break your necks to much to setup a tourny. A little won't hurt though.
8. Only fully researched tech along with fully built units and building. Anything not completed is not counted.

Participants
Dreylin
Mazinho
Deztro
Bramirez

Players please sign up here. You have until 2,000 BC to sign up.

Tournament standings

Dreylin / 200 points / 8 free City Garrison I upgrades
Mazinho / 100 points / 4 free City Garrison I upgrades
Bramirez / 50 points / 2 free City Garrison I upgrades

Intriguing! :crazyeye:

I'm definitely signing up any sort of challenge / test, etc. (time permitting)

I have some questions / clarifications though:

When you say City, do you mean Capital or all cities?

and by builds inside that city, physically standing inside the city at the time it's warped off the map to some strange destination? ;)

Does that include Religions & Wonders?

Also; "wins the soonest" is defined by game date right, not by calendar date?
(he hopes, as a not-very-fast player) :lol:

In this challenge, I will take your cities and units and place them on a custom map. You will have all the builds that are inside your city along with your culture. You will not be getting whatever you built outside your city as you will have to rebuild this stuff in the Challenge Game. You will also keep your technology.

So a fort built within our cultural borders will be there in the game too but not if it's outside, is that right? Does that count for units, too?

Sign me up anyway.

OK I added some rule clarifications and the list of participants to the top thread.

I have another question; only full-researched Techs will be counted, correct? So a part-researched tech will not have any value into the challenge?

Only fully researched tech along with fully built units and building. Anything not completed is not counted.

Less than 400 years to register your civ for the competition. Seems like lots of time.

oh ok - put me down for this sucker punch.

Totally forgot about this. :blush: thanks for reminding us Dreylin !
Count me in please !

Can I still join? Although I haven't planned anything till 2000 bc?

Cool, thanks... Looking forward to the first save files.

OK we will be five players for this and this is no longer open for any more players as I am just starting to work on the map.

All the players should have received their game starts.

The time limit will be untill the main PBEM reaches 700 BC.

Good luck

Great Job Dreylin

We will keep your results a secret for now.

Can I get an update from the other players on where you are at on this challenge so far.

There seems to be plenty of time yet to finish.

I will try to finish this week :D

Top Bottom