Sheaim questions

Keeper_GFA

Prince
My first time playing the Sheaim, ok second -- first try ended quickly after I thought ramping up the AC was good for them. Hehe big mistake.
Anyways, does it matter how many Planar gates you have regarding the number of summons they provide?
Second question, is the Succubus supposed to have Mind 1? I would the Charm Person would be more applicable than Inspiration. Maybe I just need more of an open mind. :lol:

Second question, is the Succubus supposed to have Mind 1? I would the Charm Person would be more applicable than Inspiration. Maybe I just need more of an open mind.
When they got introduced charm person was mind 1 and inspiration mind 2 (and +4 research)

My first time playing the Sheaim, ok second -- first try ended quickly after I thought ramping up the AC was good for them. Hehe big mistake.
Anyways, does it matter how many Planar gates you have regarding the number of summons they provide?
Second question, is the Succubus supposed to have Mind 1? I would the Charm Person would be more applicable than Inspiration. Maybe I just need more of an open mind. :lol:

Each planar gate gives you 1 of each creature for every 25 armegeddon points starting at 0.

So yes more planar gates gives you more creatures, and the armegeddon counter is definately good for them, it has bad effects for everyone but the sheaim can usually come out of it the best and destroy some less fortunate neighbours, since their demonic units will not die from armegeddon...

Normally you would get one of each type of creature per Planar Gate, however...

If the AC is high, you will get more. This is one reason to raise the counter if you are playing the Sheaim.

The other thing I have noticed is that the creatures don't always come out of the Planar Gate in the city you might expect. For example, you might get two Chao Marauders from Galveholm and none from another city with the gate. I guess it all works out, but you might be expecting a creature in a city where you just built the gate and it pops out somewhere else where there is a gate.

I really love this feature when the game moves along and you can get some powerful creatures. You used to be able to get Manticores and Minotaurs, but I'm not sure if that is still the case. It would be nice if they threw in a high-level mage-type creature later on appearing from the gates, although the Moebius Witches are great in the early game too!

Yes, the witches are great. They come with some XP spent (not properly mind you) and can give you a way to use spells that you don't have the mana for. My first witch ever came with fire, water, and life 1. Busy busy busy running that one around getting rid of jungles.

It's funny but this time I am playing normally AC wise, but I couldn't found any of the easy religions, so I got stuck with Order. So now I'm the only good aligned civ on the planet. Even Einion chose to follow OO. This is the kind of thing that makes FfH even better than it seems at first glance -- if you play enough you'll experience new combinations of everything.

For each city, during its turn:

• If the Armageddon counter is 49 or less, There is a 6.01% chance of summoning something, and the maximum summonable of a unit class is the number of planar gates.
  • If the Armageddon counter is 50-74 or less, There is a 9.01% chance of summoning something, and the maximum summonable of a unit class is twice the number of planar gates.
  • If the Armageddon counter is 75-99 or less, There is a 12.01% chance of summoning something, and the maximum summonable of a unit class is thrice the number of planar gates.
  • If the Armageddon counter is 100 or less, There is a 15.01% chance of summoning something, and the maximum summonable of a unit class is four times the number of planar gates.

The units that can be obtained are:
  • Revelers (requires Gambling House)
  • Mobius Witch (Requires Sheaim Mage Guild) (starts with 14 XP, level 4, and a 1 in 10 chance of each of 16 different promotions that normally require mana to gain).
  • Chaos Marauder (Requires Carnival)
  • Manticore (requires Hippodrome)
  • Succubus (requires Public Baths)
  • Minotaur (requires Weaponsmiths)
  • Tar Demon (requires Temple of the Veil)

The unit summoned is randomly generated from those summonable (determined by number present and building), with an equal distribution.

Spoiler :
Code:
		if pCity.getNumRealBuilding(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_PLANAR_GATE')) > 0:
			iMax = 1
			iMult = 1
			if CyGame().getGlobalCounter() >= 50:
				iMax = 2
				iMult = 1.5
			if CyGame().getGlobalCounter() >= 75:
				iMax = 3
				iMult = 2
			if CyGame().getGlobalCounter() == 100:
				iMax = 4
				iMult = 2.5
			if CyGame().getSorenRandNum(10000, "Planar Gate") <= gc.getDefineINT('PLANAR_GATE_CHANCE') * iMult:
				listUnits = []
				iMax = iMax * pPlayer.countNumBuildings(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_PLANAR_GATE'))
				if pCity.getNumBuilding(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_GAMBLING_HOUSE')) > 0:
					if pPlayer.getUnitClassCount(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCLASS_REVELERS')) < iMax:
						listUnits.append(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_REVELERS'))
				if pCity.getNumBuilding(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_MAGE_GUILD_SHEAIM')) > 0:
					if pPlayer.getUnitClassCount(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCLASS_MOBIUS_WITCH')) < iMax:
						listUnits.append(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_MOBIUS_WITCH'))
				if pCity.getNumBuilding(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_CARNIVAL')) > 0:
					if pPlayer.getUnitClassCount(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCLASS_CHAOS_MARAUDER')) < iMax:
						listUnits.append(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_CHAOS_MARAUDER'))
				if pCity.getNumBuilding(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_HIPPODROME')) > 0:
					if pPlayer.getUnitClassCount(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCLASS_MANTICORE')) < iMax:
						listUnits.append(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_MANTICORE'))
				if pCity.getNumBuilding(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_PUBLIC_BATHS')) > 0:
					if pPlayer.getUnitClassCount(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCLASS_SUCCUBUS')) < iMax:
						listUnits.append(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_SUCCUBUS'))
				if pCity.getNumBuilding(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_WEAPONSMITH')) > 0:
					if pPlayer.getUnitClassCount(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCLASS_MINOTAUR')) < iMax:
						listUnits.append(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_MINOTAUR'))
				if pCity.getNumBuilding(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_TEMPLE_OF_THE_VEIL')) > 0:
					if pPlayer.getUnitClassCount(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCLASS_TAR_DEMON')) < iMax:
						listUnits.append(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_TAR_DEMON'))
				if len(listUnits) > 0:
					iUnit = listUnits[CyGame().getSorenRandNum(len(listUnits), "Planar Gate")]
					newUnit = pPlayer.initUnit(iUnit, pPlot.getX(), pPlot.getY(), UnitAITypes.NO_UNITAI, DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_NORTH)
					CyInterface().addMessage(iPlayer,True,25,CyTranslator().getText("TXT_KEY_MESSAGE_PLANAR_GATE",()),'AS2D_DISCOVERBONUS',1,gc.getUnitInfo(newUnit.getUnitType()).getButton(),ColorTypes(8),pCity.getX(),pCity.getY(),True,True)
					if iUnit == gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_MOBIUS_WITCH'):
						promotions = [ 'PROMOTION_AIR1','PROMOTION_BODY1','PROMOTION_CHAOS1','PROMOTION_DEATH1','PROMOTION_EARTH1','PROMOTION_ENCHANTMENT1','PROMOTION_ENTROPY1','PROMOTION_FIRE1','PROMOTION_LAW1','PROMOTION_LIFE1','PROMOTION_MIND1','PROMOTION_NATURE1','PROMOTION_SHADOW1','PROMOTION_SPIRIT1','PROMOTION_SUN1','PROMOTION_WATER1' ]
						newUnit.setLevel(4)
						newUnit.setExperience(14, -1)
						for i in promotions:
							if CyGame().getSorenRandNum(10, "Bob") == 1:
								newUnit.setHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString(i), True)

So which file is that nice piece of code in?

Yes, the witches are great. They come with some XP spent (not properly mind you) and can give you a way to use spells that you don't have the mana for. My first witch ever came with fire, water, and life 1. Busy busy busy running that one around getting rid of jungles.

It's funny but this time I am playing normally AC wise, but I couldn't found any of the easy religions, so I got stuck with Order. So now I'm the only good aligned civ on the planet. Even Einion chose to follow OO. This is the kind of thing that makes FfH even better than it seems at first glance -- if you play enough you'll experience new combinations of everything.

Be careful. As the only Good civ around you might expect to have all the Evil civs (and maybe even a Neutral one or two) dogpile on you. I never used to consider how my alignment might affect wars (especially when you play with the AggAI option and the counter is high), but after a couple of games when all hell broke lose when I changed alignments to Good (or Evil, for that matter), I have been very careful and made sure I was prepared to defend against multiple attacking civs.

Took a break to play some of the new Colonization (very good remake btw, some issues but still good) and am back to my Sheaim game. While wandering around Amurite lands I saw a Ranger with the "will die in +2 turns" notation. How does Dain get summonable Rangers?!

BTW, this is one of the most fun games of FFH I've ever played. Order following Sheaim are great fun. The Planar gate summons are great even if used as throwaway units, being good means no hell terrain for me. Maybe I should try an AV Elohim next. :lol:

Edit: Found another summoned Ranger, this time with a 3 turn duration. Anyone know how?

They are most likely created from the Brotherhood of Wardens (or something to that effect) guild. It gives temporary units for defence...

Wow, an Order Sheaim, that sounds much harder to play as than the most typical strategies for the Sheaim. Would make a few interesting stories as well what with the pyre zombies and eaters of dreams...

Top Bottom