SheepNES: Modern Battlefields. Sign Up

I'll take South Africa I guess...If someone else really wants it for some reason you can have it and I'll take Italy or Argentina.

Sheep convinced me to come out of my semi-retirement from NESing and play, so I'll take Angola. I'll be out of the country until 1/28, but Sheep and I have an arragement set up. I'm leaving in 18 hours, but if anyone wants to do some quick diplomacy, I'd be more than happy to.

I'll send you my stuff today. Have to think about it really hard!

alright naervod

To: Angola

As a fellow nation of Southern Africa, would you join us in a trade pact?
We also wish for you to join us in denouncing the opressive leader of Zimbabwe, Robert Mugabe.

We also call on all nations of the world to do anything they can to help adress the problem of Darfur. This pointless slaughter of innocents must be stopped!

Gelion get onto MSN.

To: South Africa

We would be glad to join you in a trade pact. As for the issue of Mugabe and Zimbabwe, we stand with you in denouncing the human rights violations that his regime has committed, but are not yet in a position to take further action.

Dont cry for me!

Welcome new people, player board will be updated in a minute.
Stats are now at 50% completion.

Top 5 Free Nations

1. Italy
2. Mexico
3. South Korea
4. Ukraine
5. Portugal

Question: are you going to be keeping previous order sets for back-reference? That will make it much easier to realistically expect 1PM order-sets from major powers to work. Otherwise it will be... very difficult to keep compress all the ongoing things within that small a space.

Hmm.. Due to the amount of RL-basedness, I retract my bid for Greece.

Question: are you going to be keeping previous order sets for back-reference? That will make it much easier to realistically expect 1PM order-sets from major powers to work. Otherwise it will be... very difficult to keep compress all the ongoing things within that small a space.

?

Why would we need the modder to save our game info, while we ourselves can? This NES of many countries is already is a huge workload.

Compress to little space? Is there a maximum length for PMs?

edit: Ok, I didn't know about the 10k limit. Thanks for the explanation Symphony D.

Hmm.. Due to the amount of RL-basedness, I retract my bid for Greece.

?

Greece isn't that screwed up in RL...or is it :mischief:

Why would we need the modder to save our game info, while we ourselves can? This NES of many countries is already is a huge workload.

Compress to little space? Is there a maximum length for PMs?
10,000 characters. And it's not enough to contain some of the information a large power requires, particularly if several things are being done at once (like domestic reforms, technology, foreign diplomacy and military campaigns).

If PMs are stored in text files all we need to do is say "See Domestic Item 1, 2007" or "Continue foreign policies from 2009" or whatever. It makes it much easier because you don't have to constantly repeat everything you're doing turn after turn if it's a multi-turn thing, which several things are. Generally it makes running a power with 1PM orders vastly more feasible.

10,000 characters. And it's not enough to contain some of the information a large power requires, particularly if several things are being done at once (like domestic reforms, technology, foreign diplomacy and military campaigns).

If PMs are stored in text files all we need to do is say "See Domestic Item 1, 2007" or "Continue foreign policies from 2009" or whatever. It makes it much easier because you don't have to constantly repeat everything you're doing turn after turn if it's a multi-turn thing, which several things are. Generally it makes running a power with 1PM orders vastly more feasible.

1 PM is plenty. If you know how to compact your information correctly.

10k Characters is not a lot, take a look at some of the stuff in the "post your battle plans" thread. This is especially true in a modern NES when nations can be large and have interests all over the globe...

Info sent.

Knigh+, I prefer my NESes slightly different from the real world. Fresh starts, magic NESes and so forth ;)

Oy, didnt see Farow's reservation. I'll take Italy.

How is it that China isnt claimed? Or is the front page in need of updating... if it isnt... I'll claim The Peoples Republic.

What is this? A NESing reunion?

Top Bottom