Shendao required to build Great Library? And some other issues

Hussarknight

Warlord
Regarding the latest build from Github:

''Shendao'' is required to build the Great Library. What is Shendao and how do I get it? Some other weird things happened in this game, as China at 540BC I suddenly got Confucianism founded even though I did not research the required tech yet and I did not get a free monk. More disturbing was that I did not hear any voiced quotes after having finished researching a tech. What is going on with this latest version?

I can't say for certain, but Shendao is likely China's pagan/animist religion. Some time ago all the civs had their initial religion set to a flavour appropriate minor religion - Greece is Olympianism, Mongols are Tengri, Japan Shinto, and so on. All of them are for flavour and function like Pantheon did in the older builds in allowing the classical wonders to be built. So to build those wonders (like Great Library) you need to be using the minor religion - Shendao for China.

As for the Confucianism thing, I've also noticed the autofounding, but can provide you no answer as to why it autofounds. The voiced quotes were likely dropped with the change to the new HR tech tree.

Orbil is correct. Great Library requires your civ's pagan religion, which for China is Shendao. You don't need to do anything to get it, you start with it until you convert to another religion (see religion advisor).

Confucianism is autofounded when half of all civs discover the required tech - even if you do not.

Are you talking about voice lines for unchanged quotes or for new ones? For obvious reasons I could not get Leonard Nimoy to redo the new lines.

Orbil is correct. Great Library requires your civ's pagan religion, which for China is Shendao. You don't need to do anything to get it, you start with it until you convert to another religion (see religion advisor).

Confucianism is autofounded when half of all civs discover the required tech - even if you do not.

Are you talking about voice lines for unchanged quotes or for new ones? For obvious reasons I could not get Leonard Nimoy to redo the new lines.

I meant the old, unchanged quotes. I don't hear any of them

Okay then, will check.

Can someone do me the favour and list all techs that have existing quotes? I could find out myself but this makes things easier.

Wait the BtS tech voice is Sid Meier? I never knew that.

Wait the BtS tech voice is Sid Meier? I never knew that.
No...? I thought all the quotes were by Leonard Nimoy? Which quotes aren't, then?

A few techs were added with BtS, Aesthetics for example. Their quotes are voiced by someone else.

A few techs were added with BtS, Aesthetics for example. Their quotes are voiced by someone else.
I had never realised this! I'll pay attention to that. Thank you!

Top Bottom