Shendao URV

adhiraj.bose

Deity
The Shendao URV seems to be one of the easiest URVs in the game, but has anyone experienced confucianism being randomly founded while aiming at it ? In my game I tried settling 15 cities and building 15 shrines and getting the population goal, all before Korea, or Buddhism appears. Hold off the Confucian tech for as long as possible. But then in 519 BC Confucianism just popped up !

IIRC if enough other civs unlock the technology for a religion, it gets founded in a random city in its religious core.

Okay so what's the way around this ? Or is this purely luck based now ?
Theoretically, you could delay it by keeping as many nations that have poor tech rates or that favor techs further away from Contract as possible alive. This'd mean trying to help them stay stable and aid them against foreign threats.

Alternatively you can focus and kill the nations with better tech rates or that focus Contract and related techs.

The two above may detract from your URV however, so I'm not sure how viable they are. Does anyone know if Religious Persecutors work with Paganism?

I wish we could use persection with paganism. It would make sense historically as well. I feel that the 15 pagan temple goal is a bit too arbitrary and wouldn't work for civs with smaller core area, it works with China because you can still cram in 15 cities within China and its neighbourhood without tanking your stability or economy. With Egypt, not as easy..

I've never tried using religious persecutors with Paganism. I agree that it should work; after all, the Roman Empire persecuted Christianity for centuries.

Well that's a long way down the tech tree... but I managed to win this one without having to take recourse to persecutors. Speed is key for this URV, just settle a bunch of cities very quickly and get the ancestral shrines in them ASAP. I ended up settling 10 cities, and the AI had 6 pagan temples. I only needed to build 9 at the end. Won it by the 7th century BC. Money and tech is going to be a problem.

Top Bottom