1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ship back "Treasure" with 50% before galleon OR wait for galleon and obtain 100%?

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Multiplayer & PBEM' started by best_defense, Oct 3, 2008.

?

Do people ship back "Treasure" before galleon and pay 50% shipping fee to King?

1. Yes, I think 1$ today worse more then 2$ tomorrow.

22.6%
  2. No, I prefer wait for Galleon to get 100%

77.4%
  1. best_defense

best_defense Chieftain

Do people ship back "Treasure" right away without waiting galleon or not?

I think 1$ today worse MUCH more then 1$ tomorrow.

2. Lord Shadow

Lord Shadow General

It really depends on the size of the treasure, and how urgently you need the gold.

And besides, getting your own Galleon isn't that hard.

3. ShredZ

ShredZ Chieftain

Exactly, work yerself up to about 1400gp, buy 200 guns, sell to indians, you should almost have enuf for a galleon after about 10 minutes of gameplay.

4. GeoModder

GeoModder Chieftain

... if the King doesn't "request" that 1400 :gold: before that...

5. Refar

Refar Chieftain

If he does, you refuse. (Allways, not just on this occasion)

6. Polobo

Polobo Chieftain

$1 today is only worth $2 tomorrow (we are talking about forgoing a 50% hit here) IF you have some way to earn 100% on that dollar - in "one" day.

Gold is useful early on but since there is no upkeep it is not something that you necessarily need right away. The main benefit would be to purchase more colonists early on to get your trade in gear. If you are just going to spend it on a Galleon you'd probably be better off waiting to purchase one with other income or building one yourself.

7. KJ Jansson

KJ Jansson Chieftain

Open in Notepad the "GlobalDefines.xml" file and find the lines:

<Define>
    <DefineName>KING_TRANSPORT_TREASURE_COMISSION</DefineName>
    <iDefineIntVal>50</iDefineIntVal>
    </Define>

Here 50 is 50% commission that the king takes for your treasure transportation.

There are two ways.

1. You can change "50" on "0" and your treasures will be tranported on the king galleons free of payment. I guess, it's quite far from reality. But you can do it.

2. However, there is a second and much more close to the reality way.

Please, follow the section [MODCOMP] "1 treasure per Galleon" general fix:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=294514

When you apply such changes, you could transport your treasures on your caravels, merchantmans, privateers and galleons. Of course, free of payment. Moreover, exactly in the beginning of the game where "gold is useful".

AI also prefers to transport their treasures on AI transport ships. Your privateer could easily intercept such ships and this is an additional way to earn fast money in the beginning of the game.

8. Polobo

Polobo Chieftain

:confused: - all very useful information but in no way related to my previous comment (which you've quoted) or the thread in general....

9. Regul

Regul Chieftain

Well..it depends as allways. If i lack money to buy me the galleon i sell my lower treasures. At least they are my 'bank' system, stored in my best city. Mostly i prefer to get 100% out of... ;)

10. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Chieftain Supporter

I wait for the galleon. Not because I save the 50% fee for the transport but because I abhor the thought of financing the King that I will be fighting against in the near future. And in your poll and post worse --> worth