1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ships in allied or Friendly territory.

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Murderologist, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Murderologist

Murderologist Chieftain

I have a custom scenario where city states such as panama or one controlling the suez canal have been passable by my navy so long as I’m allied to them. Same to friendly CiVs. This had made traversing the large map difficult having to travel around South America to access the pacific from the Atlantic and Vice verse. Is there something I can uncheck in a file somewhere to fix this or revert this?

2. Murderologist

Murderologist Chieftain

3. vyyt

vyyt Emperor

I think autocorrect messed some words in your text or maybe I am reading it just wrong. In VP ships should be able to pass through allied (I think not friendly) city states. But I think I saw someone reporting a bug on GitHub that their ships couldn't in the latest version. Is this what you are asking?

4. Murderologist

Murderologist Chieftain

Apparently this was done intentionally but how do we undo it for those of us that want it?

5. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

It's not really possible to undo for individual players since the relevant checks are part of the DLL, so it would require changing it for everyone; personally I wouldn't mind if this was readded to the game...one is able to use friendly Forts and Citadels as canals, after all, so why not allow this for friendly / Allied Cities, as well?

6. azum4roll

azum4roll Prince

Would units get expelled from the city if you're not allied to the city owner anymore? If so, where do they get moved to?

7. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

I imagine it would work like it currently does with Forts (no idea how it works with them, though); but it's a good point...if this feature is reimplemented there should be a check for that or, maybe even better, (non-civilian) units shouldn't be allowed to end their turn inside the City, but merely pass through it.

8. Murderologist

Murderologist Chieftain

Yeah I’ve never had units stop in cities just pass through and again only naval I’ve tested this with