1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Shirou's Leaderhead election IV

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by ShiroKobbure, Jan 7, 2006.

1. ShiroKobbure

ShiroKobbure Still modding Civ3

this is the 4th time I have done this, I think most of you know how it works, people request heads, then people vote on them, the 2 most popular heads are made, and then I also choose one that I like. Must be a real country on planet Earth, no fantasty, no Star Wars

A REQUEST MOST BE FORMATTED CORRECTLY!
    unless it is a request secounding another request
    -Leader name
    -Info on what he/she did
    -country he/she ruled
    -and a photo, statue or painting of the person
    -and maybe a reason why the old person should be replaced with a new ruler (optional)
    by the way if you dont know who I am here is a sample of my work

Requesting starts today and ends on the 15th finished
    Voting starts on the 16th until the 21th

Do not request Atilla or Genghis Im making them

2. ShiroKobbure

sample request:
    name:Ho-chi Mihn
    info: Ho-chi Mihn formed the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, after the Japanese surrender. Ho-chi Mihn then became leader of the communist north Vietnamese durring the Vietnam war. Today he is still seen as an icon among many vietnamese... hopefully you can write more than me ^ ^;;;

3. EuropeanFury

EuropeanFury Tired Grumpy Warrior

Leader - Mieszko I
    Country - Poland
    Info - First documented Polish leader, more accurately was the first historically known Piast duke of the Polans. His reign begand around 962.

(I'll get a better picture later)

4. ShiroKobbure

5. odintheking

odintheking Lighting the way...

Ohhh, how come no fantasy stuff?

6. EuropeanFury

EuropeanFury Tired Grumpy Warrior

Yes, the picture isnt working and I'll put more info in a little bit

7. Quinzy

Quinzy Deity

Name: Eamon DeValera

Info:Eamon de Valera (born Edward George de Valera, sometimes Gaelicised Éamon de Bhailéara; October 14, 1882 – August 29, 1975), was an Irish politician, best known as a leader of Ireland's struggle for independence from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland in the early 20th Century, and the Republican anti-Treaty opposition in the ensuing Irish Civil War. At various times a mathematician, teacher and a politician, he served as Irish head of government on three occasions, as second President of the Executive Council (original name for the prime minister) and the first Taoiseach (prime ministerial title after 1937). He ended his political career as President of Ireland, serving two terms from 1959 until 1973. Eamon de Valera was also the Chancellor of the National University of Ireland from 1922 until 1975. Revered and despised in equal measure throughout Ireland, during his lifetime and posthumously, Eamon de Valera is generally regarded as one of the most influential people in the history of 20th Century Ireland.

Pictures: http://www.newgenevacenter.org/portrait/de-valera.jpg
    http://www.ego4u.com/images/countries/ireland/devalera.jpg
    http://www.irelandnet.com/images/devalera.jpg

8. Ogedei_the_Mad

Ogedei_the_Mad Caffeinated Khagan

Name: Yi Won-chong Sejong (1397-1450 CE)

Info: Hailed as one of Korea's greatest monarchs, King Sejong "the Great," fourth monarch of the Choson Dynasty, led his dynasty in an age of prosperity. An adamant humanitarian, he instituted legal reforms and prohibited torture as a means of punishment. A brilliant inventor and linguist, he created water clocks, a rain guage, a sundial, and was greatly responsible for the development of the native Korean "Hangul" writing system that is still in use today among modern Koreans. However, his skills were not only in legal matters and the sciences as he also demonstrated competence in military affairs, establishing fortifications to effectively defend the kingdom from nomadic raiders as well as attacking Wa-ko pirates on Tsushima Island.

9. jorde

jorde Leaderhead Engineering

I have already done this leaderhead, albeit it's not Era Specific, and not yet released. It'll be released once the Storm Over Europe pack is released

BTW Shiro, I've tried using that Serbian crown which was posted for you some time ago and it isn't working. Any tricks on how to make it work and not crash Poser while I try?

10. Iron Beagle

Iron Beagle Designated Marksman

Peter the Great of Russia
    He is known as one of the greatest Czars; he westernized the country, implemented numerous reforms and made Russia a great power in Europe. He travelled across Europe to learn about Western culture, technology and institutions. He was especially interested in gaining access to the sea and establishing a modern navy.

11. ShiroKobbure

12. TopGun

TopGun 258 kills

Name: Otto III "The Great"

Era: Middle Ages (but would prefer all-era)

Info: (source: Wikipedia)
    Otto III (980 - January 23, 1002, Paterno, Italy) was the fourth ruler of the Saxon or Ottonian dynasty. He was elected king of Germany in 983 on the death of his father (Holy Roman Emperor Otto II).

Shortly after his coronation, Henry II, deposed Duke of Bavaria, seized him in an attempt to procure the regency, but in May 984 he was forced to return Otto to his mother, the Byzantine princess Theophanu, who served as regent until her death in 991. Otto II's mother, Adelaide of Italy then served as regent until Otto III reached his majority in 994.

Otto attempted to revive the glory and power of ancient Rome with himself at the head of a theocratic state. In 996, he came to the aid of Pope John XV at the pope's request to put down the rebellion of a Roman nobleman named Crescentius II. He was declared King of Lombardy at Pavia, but failed to reach Rome before the Pope died. Once in Rome, he engineered the election of his cousin Bruno of Carinthia as Pope Gregory V, the first German pope, and the new pontiff crowned Otto emperor on May 21, 996, in Rome. Here his main advisors were two of the main characters of this age, his tutor Gerbert of Aurillac and the bishop Adalbert of Prague. Together with these two visionary men, influenced by the Roman ruins and perhaps by his Byzantine mother, Otto devised a dream of restoration of a universal Empire formed by the union of the Papacy, Byzantium and Rome. He also introduced parts of court customs in Greek.

However, as soon as Otto left Rome one year later, the city magnate Crescentius II deposed Gregory and installed John XVI as pope. Otto returned to Italy and retook the city in 998: Crescentius was executed in the Castel Sant'Angelo, the antipope mutilated and blinded, and Gregory reinstated.

Otto made Rome the administrative center of his empire and revived elaborate Roman customs and Byzantine court ceremonies. He took the titles "the servant of Jesus Christ," "the servant of the apostles," and "emperor of the world." When Gregory V mysteriously died in 999, he arranged for Gerbert to be elected pope as Sylvester II. The name as Pope was not casual, as it recalled the first pope with this name, who had allegedly created the "christian empire" together with Constantine the Great. Otto therefore should have be seen as the ideal successor to Constantine in the task to unify again the Roman Empire.

Between 998 and 1000 Otto, being a fervid Christian, made several pilgrimages. He travelled to the Gargano Peninsula in Southern Italy and to Gaeta, where he met Saint Nilus, then a highly venerated religious figure. Later he left Italy to the tomb of Adalbert of Prague (who in the meantime had been martyrized by the Pagan Slavs) at Gniezno, and founded the archbishopric of Poland. In Eastern Europe Otto and his entourage streghtened the relationships with the Polish Duchy and with Stephen of Hungary, who requested and had been granted a crown from Sylvester.

Another model to which Otto strongly inspired was Charlemagne: in the year 1000 he visited his tomb in Aachen, prelevating relics from it. He had also carried back parts of the body of Adalbert: he placed them in a new splendid church he built in the Isola Tiberina in Rome, now San Bartolomeo all'Isola (Otto also added the St. Bartholomew's skin to the relics housed there).

A minor rebellion by the town of Tibur (Tivoli) in 1001 ended up being his undoing. He retook the town, but spared the inhabitants, which angered the people of Rome, as Tibur was a rival they wanted destroyed. This led to a rebellion in February: Otto was besieged in his palace and drove from the city. He withdrew to Ravenna to do penance in the monastery of Sant'Apollinare in Classe. After having summoned his army, Otto directed southwards to reconquer Rome, but died in Paterno on January 23, 1002. A Byzantine princess had just disembarked in Puglia, coming to marry him.

The causes of Otto's death had been diversely attributed: ancient sources speaks of a malaria he took in the unhealthy marshes that sorrounded Ravenna. The Romans suggested instead that Stefania, the Crescentius' widow, had made him fall in love with her and therefore poisoned him. Otto's body was carried back to Germany by his loyal soldiers, and buried in Aachen together with that of Charlemagne. His tomb, however, had been lost.

13. Quinzy

Quinzy Deity

jorde: im lookin for an all-era LH, but if i dont win, and i probably wont, i'll definately use yours.
    thanks,
    ~Q

14. ShiroKobbure

any more african heads? native american? u can request some of the heads that I planned to make from the asian mega pack, because I might not do them, unless there is a real need for them

15. Aion

Aion King

Okay, then I request all of them ;)

16. ShiroKobbure

17. ShiroKobbure

18. NavyDawg

NavyDawg Audentes Fortuna Iuvat

Not the leader of a country, per se, but certainly a unique character that the game desperately needs.;)

-Ernst Stavro Blofeld, aka Number 1

-Blofeld is the leader of S.P.E.C.T.R.E. - The SPecial Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion

-The goal of S.P.E.C.T.R.E. is extortion and world domination. To achieve this, their basic strategy of the organization is illustrated by the analogy of the three Siamese fighting fish Blofeld keeps in an aquarium in the film version of From Russia with Love. Blofeld notes that one fish is refraining from fighting two others until their fight is concluded. Then, that cunning fish attacks the weakened victor and kills it easily. Thus S.P.E.C.T.R.E.'s main strategy is to instigate conflict between two powerful enemies, namely the superpowers, hoping that they will exhaust themselves and be vulnerable when S.P.E.C.T.R.E. finally moves in to seize power.

Attached Files:

19. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

name:Shakyamuni (Lion of the Shakyas)
    country: Shakya (ancient state encompassing southern Nepal & ajoining part of India0
    info: Shakyamuni was critical to all the rest of the history of Asia. he was one of the first rulers to reject warfare as a means of cultural domination, inspiring Ashoka, Gandhi, and the current Dalai Lama among others. The culture he molded spread from Gandhara (Afghanistan) to Srivijaya (Sumatra / Bali) and continues to impact Asia and the rest of the world today. Everything from Greco-Roman art & philosophy to world cuisine bears his influence.

Portrait Bust

View attachment 111216

Prince Siddhartha (modern conception)

View attachment 111219

Gandharan Bust

View attachment 111218

Warrior (note arrow)

View attachment 111217

Full Statue

View attachment 111220

:worship: Hail Siddhartha, Chakravartin (World Conqueror) :worship:

20. chflitwick

chflitwick Chieftain

Leonardo Loredano-

75th Doge(king) of Venice, Loredano was doge during the conflict with the league of Cambrai 1501-1521. He annexed a large part of the northern papal states. He later excepted Peace and formally ended the conflict against the league of Cambrai and became a major ally of the pope, and later Louis XVI. He then took back much of the territory lost in previous wars against Venice.

He was the 75th doge of the Venetian kingdom(venice)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a2/Leonardo_Loredano.jpg