Shogun Upgrade

Hubie

Chieftain
Hey,

I cant seem to upgrate my shogun-1 in the Japan conquest, to anything higher. I've already completed the first tech tree and still no upgrate option when I go to a city which has barracks in it. Please Help.

Hubie

In the Japanese Conquest you cant build Leonardo's workshop, I already have sojutso which means my daimyo should be a shougun-4.

Hubie

I thought about the resources too, but It does'nt seem like you need any resources to upgrade.

I says I need 50 shield in the civlopedia to upgrade. Where do I tell how many shields I have, or is that just the number of shields it will cost that one city to upgrate the shogun?

I thought it could be the $$$ considering I only have 50 gold but then the question becomes how much do I need?

Hubie

i'm guessing the problem is your capital didn't have a barracks

ok, ok, this may be a dumb question, but could someone please humor me?

upgrading your "shogun" to level 1,2,3, etc...

what is the point exactly??

i mean you don't have your "shogun" or leader ever go out to battle (hence risking defeat = end of the game)

so what is the benefits of upgrading the shogun?

am i doing something wrong, but i have my shogun sitting at my capital upgrading, but should he be out there fighting?

thanks all

From before, I'm PRETTY sure you need a iron. Could be wrong

For last question. Hey. His defense goes up to *shrugs* I'd had armies of Samurai and Musketmen attack a capital and take out defenders with easy, to take heavy looses to the shogon who, at level 1, would not have been any kind of a match for them.

You're doing multiple upgrades: your guy is still a shogun-1, so you have to upgrade to shogun-2, shogun-3 and then shogun-4, hence why it costs more.

@agoodfella: The point is to keep the your leader on par with the available units. The 1/1 shogun-1 doesn't have a chance against the best unit at the end of the tech tree (it's 10/8 I think), but if you've upgraded to the highest shogun by then he's 11/11, so it takes a little more to pring him down.

I like to fight with my daimyo (not cities, loose units). Getting enslaved samurai is nice 7-7-1. And later on you get the stealth-attack; you choose what unit you are attacking. And it fights barbs fairly well. I know it is risky, but if handled well it works fine.

Just one (unrelated comment). I had my Daimyou in a captured city and it flipped back: end of game. Do I need to express how pissed off I was ?

With the Daimyo having the strongest attack in the game it's actually a pretty useful unit to have in an army. I hate the Damiyo and 2 Arliquebuster's (or 3, can't remember). Anyway it was a rather powerful army. Being able to have a 33% chance of an enslaved samurai each attack... I was unstoppable. :p

Anyway, it is quite useful upgrading to have a unstoppable attacking army. But not only that - the AI may not do it that often but as the King units are quite vunerable against the Ninja's it pays to upgrade them so they can withstand ninja attacks.

Two comments, as I haven't played this one yet:
@Rik-Lost Daimyo to a culture flip!!! That might have cost me a new monitor ;)

@Black Waltz-I never thought about adding him to an army, I guess that's a good way to use him and keep him safer. Does the enslave work if he is in an army with non-enslave units? I thought all units had to have the ability to use it. I may have to try that out.

Originally posted by Justus II
Two comments, as I haven't played this one yet:
@Rik-Lost Daimyo to a culture flip!!! That might have cost me a new monitor ;)

@Black Waltz-I never thought about adding him to an army, I guess that's a good way to use him and keep him safer. Does the enslave work if he is in an army with non-enslave units? I thought all units had to have the ability to use it. I may have to try that out.

It definitly does work. As long as it is the Damiyo that is attacking (which should be the case since he has the highest attack of the game).

Top Bottom