Shopping Thread .. or What Did You Buy?

MaryKB

Goddess Queen
Supporter
Purchases don't always seem to fit either as a rant or a rave, but it can be fun sharing your recent purchases.

I was just online clothes shopping. I bought two black dresses: one is a more formal business pencil dress, the other is more casual tunic style.

I still haven't preordered Gathering Storm, but I probably will by Friday.

Bag of Cheetos from a vending machine.

I pre-ordered Gathering Storm earlier today. You can get 20% off if you order it through Green Man Gaming.

I bought bug out kits and a fireproof safe. The bug out kits are backpacks full of food, water, medical supplies and survival tool kits with fire starters and knives and stuff. I've got one for the car and one for the apartment. I've been meaning to get this stuff since moving to the land of earthquakes and fire but I finally got around to it after a fire alarm scare at my building a week or so ago.

Truth be told I should have always had one even when I lived in the Midwest. I had a buddy stuck on a road overnight during a snow storm in Missouri. You can't predict when **** is going to hit the fan.

I got the civ 6 expac today!

I bought bug out kits and a fireproof safe. The bug out kits are backpacks full of food, water, medical supplies and survival tool kits with fire starters and knives and stuff. I've got one for the car and one for the apartment. I've been meaning to get this stuff since moving to the land of earthquakes and fire but I finally got around to it after a fire alarm scare at my building a week or so ago.

Truth be told I should have always had one even when I lived in the Midwest. I had a buddy stuck on a road overnight during a snow storm in Missouri. You can't predict when **** is going to hit the fan.
At first I wondered why you were buying insect repellent, but then I remembered the expression "bug out" being used in a couple of MASH episodes.

Environment Canada keeps telling us to have emergency supplies on hand. I have candles... but can't remember where I put the matches (since I have never had to use them).

I bought an electric toothbrush today. My dentist said that it's supposed to be better at cleaning your teeth and a manual brush. Exciting stuff I know.

Portable battery pack to charge my phone and new cables. They will be here Thursday.

It might be my imagination, but men's sports shoes get more ridiculous looking every year.

I wouldn't be caught dead wearing some of the Nike stuff.

Did ugly sneakers become a thing and I just missed it?

Also, boot cut pants are a trap.
Those are bell bottoms, don't accidentally buy them!

Spoiled because what I'm talking about may be illegal in your jurisdiction

Spoiler :

Hmm, on Monday I bought some decent marijuana. That's about the only thing I actually enjoy buying, a la this meme:

I'm also circling around the drain of buying a new monitor, but I need to make sure it can fit in the available space on my computer table.

Superbowl squares. Man what a crap purchase, cus the game just sucked. I also got snacks for said superbowl viewing. Those were good. And I bought some canned sardines. Delicious.

Yeah, saw this thread and it reminded me to order flowers for my daughter. I almost forgot last year and had to spend big time on over night delivery for V-day.

I bought a bottle of "Pulco" i found at the supermarket thinking it was the Mexican thing. However, after arriving home, i read in Wikipedia the real thing from Mexico is a white beverage made of agave while the one i bought is nothing but highly concentrated lemon juice made in Europe. Was slightly disappointment until i discovered that mixing only a small amount with abundant water and a couple sugar spoons makes a big glass of absolutely delicious lemonade. All by only 3€. :king:
Spoiler :

These are my dresses I bought, I got a notification one is out for delivery today (I just love when shipping is so fast!)

Spoiler :
dresses_01.jpg

I bought a nice bottle of brandy for my fiance as a present for next week. I don't know much about brandy, but the gentleman at the store said it's a very good one (and it was pricey)

I bought a nice bottle of brandy for my fiance as a present for next week. I don't know much about brandy, but the gentleman at the store said it's a very good one (and it was pricey)

I know a little bit about brandy, interesting that your fiance drinks it too. Is it cognac?

I know a little bit about brandy, interesting that your fiance drinks it too. Is it cognac?
Oh dear, I don't know .. how can I tell? I don't see "cognac" anywhere on the bottle, it just says "Alambic Brandy" under its company name. Is it not as good if it doesn't say cognac? Will he be upset?

He likes liquors like these, last time I got him some bourbon, so I wanted to do something different.

Oh dear, I don't know .. how can I tell? I don't see "cognac" anywhere on the bottle, it just says "Alambic Brandy" under its company name.

It's definitely not cognac, then, cognac bottles always say cognac on them afaik. In case you're curious, 'cognac' is similar to 'champagne' in that it is so named because it comes from a particular region, the cognac region, of France.

Is it not as good if it doesn't say cognac? Will he be upset?

No, I wouldn't think so. I was only asking out of curiosity, and because cognac (and, to a lesser extent, Calvados) are the types of brandy I'm most familiar with.

Top Bottom