Shopping Thread .. or What Did You Buy?

Can't buy flour or yeast here at all. :(

I bought my wife two books off amazon. I used my account which doesn't have prime (prime account is under her name) so they'd be a surprise but now they are taking forever to arrive cus the free shipping is so slow.

I bought my wife two books off amazon. I used my account which doesn't have prime (prime account is under her name) so they'd be a surprise but now they are taking forever to arrive cus the free shipping is so slow.

Well, if they take long enough for you to forget them they'll really be a surprise...

Pizza. Toppings: pepperoni, sausage, tomatoes, black olives.

Discovery: It's an adventure, trying to manipulate a debit machine while wearing gloves.

Ick to the olives. Ick, I say!

Recently, I have bought...
  • More Alka-Seltzer
  • A face mask—first time I used one of these.
  • A laptop cooler for the new laptop
  • New lightbulbs—first time buying LED
  • A new shirt—first time wearing colour in 10(!) years, also first time I'm trying XXL. I don't notice a difference between this and XL.
  • New shorts—haven't arrived yet. My second pair of shorts fall off now and I can't tighten them since the drawstring is some weird loop thing on the inside. So I bought an XL pair and an XXL pair of a new brand which has a more conventional drawstring.
  • Sponges
  • Three bottles of hand soap
  • Books from friends/acquaintances/whatever
  • New spoons—they are awful. I have one teaspoon, so I figured I'd get more. Bought some, and they're HALF the size of a teaspoon, and the "spoon" part is basically flat. I have no idea what purpose these can possibly serve except being decorative, or, like, stirring the coffee/tea of a posh aristocrat who drinks from a tiny cup.
  • Tea tree oil—I used to keep a bottle of this in the shower for when I have scalp issues or dandruff, but I have started using it instead of my shampoo because my shampoo has been making my hair worse instead of better for the past few months. The Pantene I've been using makes my hair a poofy, dry mess the first day, and then immediately turns into a flat, greasy mop on the second day. It looks and feels gross. Now I can wash my hair every couple weeks and then treat my hair every ~3 days with the tea tree oil, and it looks and feels much better. I considered getting fancy and adding witch hazel and lavender oil to my mix but opted to KISS—keep it simple, stupid.

Ick to the olives. Ick, I say!
There's a difference between black olives and green olives. The black ones don't have such a strong taste.

I recently had a problem with a cat - 1 of 3 - taking dumps on the floor, often right next to the litter box. My sister is the family expert on cats so I asked her, she uses Dr Elsey's unscented multicat litter (40lb for $20) and it seems to have worked. Apparently the culprit was unhappy with the scent of the Arm & Hammer no dust clumping litter I was using.

For years all 3 cats would do their business outside but they've increasingly become indoor cats. Probably a good thing, haven't seen any ticks yet. :)

I recently had a problem with a cat - 1 of 3 - taking dumps on the floor, often right next to the litter box. My sister is the family expert on cats so I asked her, she uses Dr Elsey's unscented multicat litter (40lb for $20) and it seems to have worked. Apparently the culprit was unhappy with the scent of the Arm & Hammer no dust clumping litter I was using.

For years all 3 cats would do their business outside but they've increasingly become indoor cats. Probably a good thing, haven't seen any ticks yet. :)
Perhaps you need a second litter box so there is less sharing and less opportunity for one of the cats to think the box is too dirty to use. Or, put one box on the back porch?

I have plenty of boxes, just the wrong kind of litter. I think 2 of the cats still go outside so once I find litter the 1 likes I'm okay. Unscented did the trick.

:drool: - albeit, I could live without the sausage.
The coupon code I use means I'm allowed four toppings. Sausage and pepperoni are the only meat toppings I like, at least from this menu. Shrimp isn't offered. Ham is hit-and-miss; some restaurants do it well, and others don't.

No, black olives is deliciousest! :yumyum:
:yup:

:cool: Welcome to the 21st Century!
It would be nice if the new style of lightbulbs were accompanied by a new style of lampshade that actually fits over them. The old ones designed to slip over the rounded surface of a lightbulb just don't work with the new ones. Therefore, I don't use lampshades.

Bought a boardgame called D-Day Dice, thinking it might be some dice-chucking co-op fun with the wife who's been on a WWII historical kick lately, but I played through the tutorial and don't think she'll like it at all, as it's much more a resource management game. Much drier than I thought. I'll give it a few more plays but I'm not sure I'm totally sold on it either.

Bought some cable covers and other assorted cords and surge protectors as well to improve our home office cord situation.

I LOVE led lights. They start up bright right away unlike those stupid squiggly cfl ones. They give fantastic light in any hue you want, bright, warm, whatever. And they last a long time so I don't have to have the annoyance of changing them every couple months. I don't think I've changed a single led lightbulb in my house. And now they really aren't expensive either. Regular shape 60-80w equivalents are a couple bucks.

We bought ladder ball to play with the kids outside.

Top Bottom