Shopping Thread .. or What Did You Buy?

It wouldn't surprise me if she's halfway to that point right now (not a criticism, just a speculation based on reasonable extrapolation of information given us last year).

But this year she would need 366 purchases, since it's a leap year.

She must be Amazon's VIP by now :) Say..... :think: I wonder if Guinness book has a record of that sort. I think that we should support her ! :) If You're in contact please send her a reminder (7 months left :D), while I try to figure out if there is such a record in "THE" book ;)

edit:
(not a criticism, just a speculation based on reasonable extrapolation of information given us last year).

Do You have green blood and pointy ears ? :mischief: Please do not be offended but You've sounded a bit like Mr. Spock right there and I love it ! :lol:

Last edited:
She must be Amazon's VIP by now :) Say..... :think: I wonder if Guinness book has a record of that sort. I think that we should support her ! :) If You're in contact please send her a reminder (7 months left :D), while I try to figure out if there is such a record in "THE" book ;)

edit:

Do You have green blood and pointy ears ? :mischief: Please do not be offended but You've sounded a bit like Mr. Spock right there and I love it ! :lol:
I'm not offended at all. :) I became a Star Trek fan in November 1975, at age 12. Since then the way I speak in RL and how I write has often incorporated the "Spockian" style of saying things. It isn't usually deliberate. I've tried other ways, other speech and writing styles, but this seems normal to me now.

This has resulted in some problems over the years, with some people thinking I'm "stuck-up" or that English isn't my first language. But a couple of people with those opinions changed their minds once I explained that my impressionable 12-year-old self's favorite Star Trek character was (and is) Spock, and that I identified with him so closely that I started speaking and writing as he does. From what I've read over the years about Star Trek fans who tend to be social misfits, this isn't really that unusual (or at least that was the case before the newer series came along and people had other characters to identify with).

Spock has a very precise and somewhat convoluted way of communicating when he wants to cover all bases when his goal is to be clearly understood. It doesn't always work.

OH !!!!. Cara Mia !!!!!!!!

Ordered some used paperback novels, Peter Gabriel and Prince greatest hits CDs, and a new wrist brace.

Look who's joining my penguin colony in a few weeks:

penguin-wearing-snowflake-sweater.png

I bought cabbage. gotta get the the greens in my body!
:ack:

I'd have chosen something else, but it's too early in the year for anything to be seasonal.

It rained last night and got cold enough that it wouldn't have surprised me if we'd had snow.

I'm not offended at all. :) I became a Star Trek fan in November 1975, at age 12. Since then the way I speak in RL and how I write has often incorporated the "Spockian" style of saying things. It isn't usually deliberate. I've tried other ways, other speech and writing styles, but this seems normal to me now.

This has resulted in some problems over the years, with some people thinking I'm "stuck-up" or that English isn't my first language. But a couple of people with those opinions changed their minds once I explained that my impressionable 12-year-old self's favorite Star Trek character was (and is) Spock, and that I identified with him so closely that I started speaking and writing as he does. From what I've read over the years about Star Trek fans who tend to be social misfits, this isn't really that unusual (or at least that was the case before the newer series came along and people had other characters to identify with).

Spock has a very precise and somewhat convoluted way of communicating when he wants to cover all bases when his goal is to be clearly understood. It doesn't always work.

My favorite of the Star Trek original series is Mr. Spock doing his word battles with Bones ! ^^ Oh how I love those ! When Bones comes to the bridge even Cptn. Kirk is reluctant to dismiss him , often taking his side against Mr. Spock , but Spock's logic seems to prevail nonetheless ;)

My favorite of the Star Trek original series is Mr. Spock doing his word battles with Bones ! ^^ Oh how I love those ! When Bones comes to the bridge even Cptn. Kirk is reluctant to dismiss him , often taking his side against Mr. Spock , but Spock's logic seems to prevail nonetheless ;)
Groan.
My favourite moment was when TOS was cancelled and Shatner lost his home, couldn't find work and had to live in a camper van.
Serves him right for helping to inflict that pos on sci-fi fans.
tos2.png

Groan.
My favourite moment was when TOS was cancelled and Shatner lost his home, couldn't find work and had to live in a camper van.
View attachment 554595

To be honest I didn't went that deep and see what the cast is doing. If that's true, I pity William, he's an actor , he didn't do anything wrong in my book. People taking pleasure in other people misfortune man, it's not cool, it's sick :(

People taking pleasure in other people misfortune man, it's not cool, it's sick :(
Pfffft.
Even Shatner admitted it was the kick in the head he needed and deserved so don't get too moralistic and judgemental.

Groan.
View attachment 554595
That image used to be a popular one used for avatars on TrekBBS. It's prohibited now, as it violates Google's notions of decency.

Shatner didn't lose his home because of Star Trek's cancellation. It was because he was in the midst of a divorce from his first wife and she took him to the cleaners.

Of course the cancellation didn't help matters, but it was primarily the divorce that was the problem.

Pfffft.
Even Shatner admitted it was the kick in the head he needed and deserved so don't get too moralistic and judgemental.

Sorry Mr. F I wont do it again. Being moralistic and judgemental is bad too for my Karma.

Just ordered a new iPhone SE. 128 GB memory. Red. I ordered it through their friends and family program (I have friend who works for Apple) and got a 10% discount. $411 including tax and delivery. It's the new small phone. I should arrive in a week or two. We use Ting as our carrier. They are inexpensive, Canadian and have great coverage.

Just ordered a new iPhone SE. 128 GB memory. Red. I ordered it through their friends and family program (I have friend who works for Apple) and got a 10% discount. $411 including tax and delivery. It's the new small phone. I should arrive in a week or two. We use Ting as our carrier. They are inexpensive, Canadian and have great coverage.

Don't forget a USB cable so you can plug it into your computer and get your photos off without emailing them.

Don't forget a USB cable so you can plug it into your computer and get your photos off without emailing them.
Hmmm... Will the charger cord with its USB end be sufficient to do that?

Top Bottom