Shopping Thread .. or What Did You Buy?

Cheap diapers!
A box of Huggies newborn diapers costs about $35 for 84. I was at Aldi's yesterday and found that they happen to sell off-brand newborn diapers for $4 per 40. They are just as good as the Huggies ones - they even have the yellow stripe on the front that turns blue if the little one makes a mess in them - but are only a quarter of the cost. SCORE!

I bought a tiny refrigerator that is big enough for a 6-pack of canned soda or beer. It's also cold enough for dairy products, so we bought it to store milk for midnight baby feedings. It sits next to a bottle warmer on my night stand and should make it easier to get back to sleep after feeding sessions because I won't have to get up and fetch stuff from the kitchen.

Replacement cell phone for JJ. :cool:
The exception to Filipinos fear of the number, is the traditional here to eat 13 fruits on New Years. :yumyum:
With money left over for what I gave JJ for the phone and fruits, she bought cake. :drool:
I'm thinking of taking advantage of the Steam winter sale. :gold:
I might have to invest in a wheelchair. [P19,000 or ~$400.]. I can get and out of the bank and Kayla'a okay :smug: but traipsing all over a department store just about kills me. :faint:

Dune Imperium :drool:

It'll take a month to arrive, though :cringe:

Spoiler :

I need to remember to ask you to let me know how it is.

@Ajidica Ask aelf how is new game is, OK?

Remind me to remind Jaguar to remind Adjidica to remind Aelf to tell Adjidica if the game is good.

My cheap assed plan does not include GPS. It's not a built in, it mounts on the dash. But yeah, why not have something deadicated to the task?

I don't know what that even means. All phones have GPS.

My cheap assed plan does not include GPS. It's not a built in, it mounts on the dash. But yeah, why not have something deadicated to the task?
It depends on what the dedicated thing can do, but if it does not have access to the internet to get current traffic conditions then it does not do the job as well as one that does. The GPS is normally a function of the phone rather than the plan.

Makes sense.

@Cutlass, I don't have data on my phone, but GPS works fine if I download the maps at home before I go out. I understand that wouldn't be practical in all situations though.

It depends on what the dedicated thing can do, but if it does not have access to the internet to get current traffic conditions then it does not do the job as well as one that does. The GPS is normally a function of the phone rather than the plan.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MT01SB1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Garmin DriveSmart 61 NA LMT-S with Lifetime Maps/Traffic, Live Parking, Bluetooth,WiFi, Smart Notifications, Voice Activation, Driver Alerts, TripAdvisor, Foursquare

About this item
  • Easy to use GPS navigator with connected Features and bright 6.95 Inch Capacitive touch display. The display resolution is 1024 x 600 pixels
  • Detailed maps of North America with free lifetime updates. Battery : Rechargeable lithium ion. Battery life is up to 1 hour
  • Provides real time services, such as Live traffic and select Live parking, when using free smartphone link app on your compatible smartphone
  • Bluetooth calling, smart notifications and voice activated navigation. This USB mass storage device is compatible with Windows XP or newer and Mac OS X 10.4 or later
  • Built in Wi Fi for easy map and software updates

Think it's got anything I'll need.

@hobbsyoyo: In order to properly educate little Sputnikyoyo and encourage him toward an eventual career as an astronomer, planetary scientist, or astronaut, you definitely need these. :D

I'd get my own collection, if not for the exchange rate and shipping.

@Cutlass I found out the hard way that it is a bad idea to keep a GPS in the car when you are not driving - the heat will fry the battery.

@Cutlass I found out the hard way that it is a bad idea to keep a GPS in the car when you are not driving - the heat will fry the battery.

I've never had that happen. But then I don't leave it on the dash when not in use. It goes in the glove box. And I also live a 1000 miles further north than you do.

I've never had that happen. But then I don't leave it on the dash when not in use. It goes in the glove box. And I also live a 1000 miles further north than you do.
I kept mine in the glove box too. It got fried in Illinois, fwiw

Top Bottom