Shopping Thread .. or What Did You Buy?

I got a three 95% rayon shirts for $6 a pop :)

Buying that would cost almost $100 for me.

Sooooo not worth it based on my current activity level. But it's definitely intriguing.
It was $40 here which is still too much to be honest. But that's one incentive to keep me exercising: I don't want to waste the money.

I never expected to want to use the charging features so I left my USB c adapter at home but it sure would have come in useful there at the end of my ride.

Last edited:
I got it from Amazon, not the manufacturer. But I agree it is too high priced and is an even more niche product than it could be. I was originally very skeptical of the Pokemon Go Plus and that skepticism carried over to this.

But after a few close calls on my bike I didn't see any other way to play it and keep moving.

Pizza for dinner: medium with mushrooms, green peppers and artichoke hearts. Half tonight and half tomorrow night.

Fridge magnet from a Canadian artist who does adorable cat pictures.

And a slew of Gillian Bradshaw historical fiction (optimistically assuming I'm going to be able to read them some day). It's my (adoptive) CatMom's Day present to myself.

Just to cheer myself up, I drove into town tonight and hit Dairy Queen.

I had a Peanut Buster Parfait:

PeanutBusterParfait(Revised).png

Now I have to deal with the guilt of eating it and wrecking my diet. :lol:

I guess I'll have to go to TaeKwon-do class a couple of extra times to work it off.

Just to cheer myself up, I drove into town tonight and hit Dairy Queen.

I had a Peanut Buster Parfait:

View attachment 524614

Now I have to deal with the guilt of eating it and wrecking my diet. :lol:

I guess I'll have to go to TaeKwon-do class a couple of extra times to work it off.
One of my typing clients gave me one of those as a tip, about 25 years ago. I couldn't tolerate any of the ingredients at the time, so I gave it to my dad (who didn't mind it a bit).

Our fave dq dessert is similar, called a peanut butter bash. It's actually not on the official menu anymore but places will still make it. It's similar concept but without peanuts and it's layered with peanut butter sauce on top of the fudge layers. Dq works well for us cus of my daughter's allergies (there's no eggs in the soft serve or scoops to cross contaminate)

I bought a SIM card for an upcoming trip. Huge relieving of anxiety, as I've always traveled in the US without a lifeline. Plus, I'll be able to play Pokemon Go! That's the most important part here.
Where are you going in the US?

Just ordered some new fins. Looking forward to getting into the water this year. Probably won't be until june though. Still a bit nippy out there.

Damn bro. We used to do a lot of fin swimming in swim practice. I hated it. They tired my legs out real bad and sometimes they'd give me foot cramps.

I went grocery shopping today. Spent $24 on eggs, bagels, lettuce, OJ, dinner food, potatoes and a chocolate bar.

Damn bro. We used to do a lot of fin swimming in swim practice. I hated it. They tired my legs out real bad and sometimes they'd give me foot cramps.
It is straining on the legs and can get uncomfortable, but I take it easy and take breaks during dives. Not using fins is not really an option for me if I want to get around.

You're doing open water swimming I gather? We were just going back and forth in a pool so different vibe. Do you get the short fins or longer ones?

You're doing open water swimming I gather? We were just going back and forth in a pool so different vibe. Do you get the short fins or longer ones?
Yep. My arms are usually holding a long harpoon so my legs has to take care of all the propulsion. Add to that a thick full body wetsuit and around 14kg of lead for neutral buoyancy. So I swim for a while, then just bob for a while while I regain my stamina. On and off.
I'm buying long fins now. I've got some short ones which I really like as they're so easy to manoeuvre and not too tiring on my legs. But I feel it's time to try something that can offer a bit more speed.

I always used the short ones and felt like people with the long ones were cheating, but I never used the long ones so I don't know what it's like. Is it more effort-->more payoff?

I don't really know I've never tried those long fins before. Should be interesting. From what I hear they're better for freediving as they offer decent propulsion at low kick frequencies. So you can get a steady momentum going without exhausting yourself. But in practice it looks pretty damn tiring to power such long fins. We'll see if I'm up for it.

I don't really know I've never tried those long fins before. Should be interesting. From what I hear they're better for freediving as they offer decent propulsion at low kick frequencies. So you can get a steady momentum going without exhausting yourself. But in practice it looks pretty damn tiring to power such long fins. We'll see if I'm up for it.

Let me know

Top Bottom