Shopping Thread .. or What Did You Buy?

Back in the day there was this retail location continuously occupied by waterbed stores. They would sign a six month lease, have a two month grand opening sale followed a month later by three months of going out of business sales. Went on for years. It always amazed me how many names they could come up with for a waterbed store.

There's an antique store in my town that's been "going out of business" for at least 15 years.

I just bought tickets to see my favorite music group (Celtic Woman) in Grand Rapids in April! Row E, I hope that's a good one :) I'm so excited! I saw them in April this year, and it was one of the most magical nights of my life, I can't wait to see them again.

I bought some black fabric (the grocery store didn't have felt) and made a display out of an old movie poster frame, my mission patches and the fabric I bought. It looks pretty good and I'm happy with it. I'll have to take it apart and remake it with each new launch but that'll give me a chance to experiment with color choice and layout. It's got 30 patches on it now and has room for 5 more before I have to start a new one.

I bought some MeUndies yesterday. It's basically this really soft and comfortable underwear. They also sell socks and shirts and stuff out of the same material, but the underwear is where it's at. :groucho:

I think the Toblerone bar might have been bad

I don't think a bad Toblerone bar is possible.

Yankee Candles were "buy one get one for $1," so I picked up Mistletoe and Red Apple Wreath.

Aren't they individually like $60?
I got a football-sized one in a nice glass container for like $25 on Black Friday. I do not believe it was on sale. I don't think anything I bought was on sale. The holiday is a lie

How do you identify whether a candle is a yankee or a met?

Yikes I spent a lot last week. We went to St Louis for thanksgiving and a wedding and stopped in Chicago on the way over. Took the girls to see frozen 2 at an AMC dine in theater where they bring the food to your seat and you have a tray to eat on. Novel but not really that good, food was still movie theater quality and I expected more restaurant quality. So frozen 2 tickets, chicken nachos, popcorn, flatbread pizza, laguanitis ipa.

The next day we went to the Disney store and the American Girl doll store. We dined at the cafe there. They give you doll sized high chairs so you can eat with your doll and feed them pretend food from a toy place setting. It's kind of ridiculous but the kids love it. Bought a beauty and the beast play set, an Aladdin play set, a Wellie Wisher doll and a doll sized travel suitcase set accessory thing. Insanely expensive for what it is. Add in hotel room, tips, taxi rides and Chicago becomes expensive.

I didn't buy anything other than food and drinks and a hotel room in St Louis but my wife went shopping and bought a bunch of clothes.

Yikes I spent a lot last week. We went to St Louis for thanksgiving and a wedding and stopped in Chicago on the way over. Took the girls to see frozen 2 at an AMC dine in theater where they bring the food to your seat and you have a tray to eat on. Novel but not really that good, food was still movie theater quality and I expected more restaurant quality. So frozen 2 tickets, chicken nachos, popcorn, flatbread pizza, laguanitis ipa.

I went to one of those theatres for the first time during the summer for Spider-Man. It was great. No kids, direct seat service, separate kitchen from the proles down below. I had chicken bites and fries, which were quite nice.

Did you see @rah or @Birdjaguar? I'm pretty sure BJ was in St. Louis around that time, and Rah's always in Chicagoland. :p

Nope but I wasn't really looking for them amidst a city of millions. And I don't really know what they look like, I'll have to go review the user photo thread again!

I totally forgot my best purchase though. On the way back from St Louis we stopped at my favorite bbq joint Pappy's. Their ribs and burnt ends are the best.

Nope but I wasn't really looking for them amidst a city of millions. And I don't really know what they look like, I'll have to go review the user photo thread again!

I totally forgot my best purchase though. On the way back from St Louis we stopped at my favorite bbq joint Pappy's. Their ribs and burnt ends are the best.

In my experience a set up meeting is pretty much required. Even in the relatively small city of Palmdale and with my somewhat distinctive appearance it is unlikely that @hobbsyoyo could have trucked on into town and just spotted me in the crowd.

I didn't see you either. Our daughter lives in Webster Grove and with the yucky weather all week, we mostly hung out at their house or walked their dog in Blackburn Park. I pretty much look like my avatar if you add a mustache and small beard. Well, I'm not really that yellow either.

I wasn't in the city the last week so there is no way you'd have seen me :p
I have met many on-line people and have even been known to go to the airport to meet people between flights.
As long as it's not that inconvenient and it fits into my schedule.
I don't even want to know your tab for the Disney and AG stores.

I didn't see you either. Our daughter lives in Webster Grove and with the yucky weather all week, we mostly hung out at their house or walked their dog in Blackburn Park. I pretty much look like my avatar if you add a mustache and small beard. Well, I'm not really that yellow either.

I wish I'd known about the emblem on the side of your head. I'd have gotten a picture of that!

Aw, who am I kidding? Apparently neither of us is in "the selfie generation." The thought of getting a picture never even crossed my mind.

Top Bottom