Shopping Thread .. or What Did You Buy?

A DVR that I bought has been stuck in a UPS warehouse a town over since the 2nd. The delivery status has shown 'out for delivery' since that date. Le lame
I contacted the seller, the item got sent to Kentucky on accident so I guess the tracker page is a liar. The seller is going to give UPS another day to figure it out and then will send a second package.

Photo prints to make a birthday collage for my 3 year daughter that she will take to pre school to celebrate and show the class. Her birthday is actually in June so they do it on her half birthday which is nice for the summer kids.
Why can't they do it in June?

They probably won't be in school then. Here, anyway, preschool runs only during the school year (mid-August until end of May), while daycare goes year round.

• Honey
  • Toilet cleaner
  • Frozen veggies
  • Pen
  • Juice pomegranata
  • Candles
All that 8.92 euros. Shop is being closed down so all that was for sale.

I contacted the seller, the item got sent to Kentucky on accident so I guess the tracker page is a liar. The seller is going to give UPS another day to figure it out and then will send a second package.
So....the package actually came last Saturday while I was away from the house. My wife brought it inside and put it somewhere odd where it sat all week and didn't say anything about it. :lol: Only I forgot to tell the seller this, so they sent out a replacement this morning. When they told me that, I fessed up and said I had it and asked them to recall the package. I hate having a conscious sometimes because I would actually love a second, free DVR.

The DVR works great. Set up was stupid-easy as it connected to my phone and through that configured itself to my home networks and accounts. The interface is much zippier than any other DVR/cable box I've used, though it is still a bit slower than just using the antenna via the TV directly. The pause/rewind/record functions work perfectly and the DVR even automatically reformatted the cheap hard drive I plugged into it. As an Android device, it also comes with the ability to install apps which is cool.

The only drawback is that I have lost the extra channels that my new antenna picked up. Coax hook-ups have a ~3dB 'insertion loss' which is a fancy way of saying the connection itself adds some attenuation (interference) with the signal. Since I am now plugging in the antenna into the DVR and then the DVR into the TV, there is now an extra source of this attenuation which effectively raised the noise floor of the circuit and ultimately caused me to lose the borderline channels my better antenna picked up.

Most likely I'll end up buying myself a bigger antenna for my birthday but it's fine for now. The next tier of antennas get big, bulky and ugly so I may just take the L on the extra channels. I still get ~60ish channels but 90% of them are garbage and the extra ones I had been able to pick up were actually good so I do want them back.

But now I'm watching two back-to-back PBS NOVA episodes on outer space that I recorded last night so everything's sweet.

Last edited:
Why can't they do it in June?

There's no pre school in June, they follow the regular school schedule. Actually her birthday is June 13th so her last week might be the week prior. Not sure if they get out first or second week. My other daughter's is June 21st so she never gets a school birthday. They do a party the last week for all the summer birthdays combined. They are kind of bummed they don't get birthdays in school but I tell them their birthday spacing is perfect cus they get presents every 6 months between birthdays and Christmas while the kids with fall birthdays have a long wait in between.

I bought a wheel hub assembly to replace mine on my 2010 rogue. It's making a ton of noise, the bearings are failing. Luckily a guy at work was a mechanic in a former life and can fix it for cheap.

Ordered a fancy pants toothpaste from Japan. $25 a tube. It supposedly rebuilds enamel (doubtful, but hey). I've been using it here in Seattle for a couple weeks and my teeth and gums feel noticeably better than how they feel with the vast array of toothpastes I've tried from my dentist.

No fluoride, though. I'll need to get a fluoride rinse.

Check to see if they add it to the water there first.

Synsodyne pronamel brand is like $6 and available at most regular stores... probably does the same thing.

But now I'm watching two back-to-back PBS NOVA episodes on outer space that I recorded last night so everything's sweet.
The ones narrated by Zachary Quinto? Those were originally shown last summer (there were a lot of astronomy/space program documentaries in July-August).

The ones narrated by Zachary Quinto? Those were originally shown last summer (there were a lot of astronomy/space program documentaries in July-August).
Yes. I missed them at the time. Last summer was the 50th anniversary of Apollo so they built a lot of programming around outer space content.

Yes. I missed them at the time. Last summer was the 50th anniversary of Apollo so they built a lot of programming around outer space content.
They're worth watching over again (I rewatch documentaries like some people rewatch favorite comedies or cop shows).

Then ditch the OJ, it's basically sugarwater. :)
Ah, but the vitamin C in a tasty liquid! Half a cup or so a day should be just fine.

Top Bottom