Shortcomings of the Base Game - Lua Fixes?

That's "natural" behaviour, that Captain Nemo described in the thread I linked, if it wasn't clear. I didn't put it in a regular quote box for some reason. It doesn't have anything to do with Lua. Of course, you could use Lua to check if a ship is adjacent to a fortress, and generate cannon balls only in that case, but the AI might choose to use all of them to attack the same ship (since the AI can launch missiles from any location, not just the city they are actually in).

Oh, ok. I thought it was something realized with LUA and didn't know that this is still possible with the basic game mechanics. I never used missile type units but it seems that it is worth to deal with them, at least for the AWI scenario.

Teleportation is unrealistic. A tactic I sometimes use is to block the return route of an AI-controlled aircraft so that it's lost. In that case, the enemy air unit would just jump over my blocking units and get safely home.

What would happen if an AI aircraft was returning to a city on its own? I think it goes around the unit if it can, if not, it's lost. I haven't observed a 2 range air unit ever attacking another unit on its return journey. I know that when you manually use moveunit, the moving unit stops in a ZOC, but if you hold down the right mouse button again, it moves to the next tile and so on. Can the moveunit command be repeated in this way so that your air unit keeps working its way around the obstacle?

The unit's order is cleared after the relevant code is executed, so trying to get the unit to navigate around enemy units won't work. However, we could use some pathfinding code to determine if there is a clear path to the carrier, and only teleport the unit if it could make it.

When I was testing this, an AI bomber launched from a carrier would attack my city on its first turn aloft. If there was a second unit in the city, the bomber would attack again and crash. If the city was empty, it would just hang around in the air.

Reviving this thread, those are two (well three with the alteration of all main graphic files using lua) features :

- The ability to display in the menu frame, next to date and gold, strategic resources.

Maybe a limited number (2,4, 8 at most ?), having a @dedicatedplace in Rules.txt, with it hidden if name of the resource is set (by default) to "none" ?
Many of the latest scenario have such strategy resources hidden in lua, and wonderfull designers not expert of lua may give players even more with such a stuff ?

- The ability to give units special bonuses instead of veteran status (like in civIV for exemple) and displaying it.
Guess that one is definitly harder to set.

Displaying extra information in the status window would be very useful, but that will involve actual changes by @TheNamelessOne to the TOTPP.

Top Bottom