Should AHMADINEJAD visit Ground Zero? Columbia?

imperfect.la

Warlord
While he said he isn't going to do so, due to the outrage by the American public and politicians, I still don't understand why he shouldn't be allowed to. I'm kind of outraged by some of the politicians, notably John McCain that said we should use force to restrain him if he tried to do it. The Iranian president wished to place a wreath to honor the victims of 9/11.

The main argument against him doing so is unproven allegation that Iran supports terrorism and his other outrageous comments against America and Israel. While these things we must consider, it would only be civil and orderly if he were allowed to freely do as he desired.

Also, the Ivy League school of Columbia has invited the President to speak to students. After watching some coverage on this I'm left confused - interviewed students seem to be excited and glad that he's going to come visit. I wonder if they will show him the same sympathy the school showed the Minutemen speakers.

This may be the first step to heal the wounds between our two nations.

As much as I want to tell him to whiz off, it is only right for him to honor the dead. I am tired of fighting, let us try peace.

Yes, Why not ?? its not like Iran got anything to do with 9/11. Its pretty ignorant not to let him.

No, unless he probably start saying 9/11 did not happened.

I agree with Godwynn btw. Its a good start.

I don't understand why the guy can't see the site if he's going to be in New York anyway; people aren't going to hate him or like him any more than they already do in this country...

I understand why the WTC site is significant to many people, but I don't agree with it being hallowed ground. It seems particularly odd to me that some people should be allowed or denied the privilege of seeing the site.

I say let him go to ground Zero and lay his wreath to honor the dead ...... terrorists.

If the Saudis could kiss and hold hands with Bush in Crawford less than a year after the 9/11 attacks, I don't see why Ahmadinejad shouldn't be able to take a gander at the failure to rebuild.

When is he coming to New York? I was too tired this morning to listen to Good Morning America that closely.

Amhaddawahssisface is a looney, I don't see what valuable effect him visiting New York would have.

From Sep, 06:

Iran's leaders, who back Hezbollah, have also declared their absolute hostility to America. Last October, Iran's President declared in a speech that some people ask -- in his words -- "whether a world without the United States and Zionism can be achieved… I say that this… goal is achievable." Less than three months ago, Iran's President declared to America and other Western powers: "open your eyes and see the fate of pharaoh… if you do not abandon the path of falsehood… your doomed destiny will be annihilation." Less than two months ago, he warned: "The anger of Muslims may reach an explosion point soon. If such a day comes… [America and the West] should know that the waves of the blast will not remain within the boundaries of our region." He also delivered this message to the American people: "If you would like to have good relations with the Iranian nation in the future… bow down before the greatness of the Iranian nation and surrender. If you don't accept [to do this], the Iranian nation will… force you to surrender and bow down."

America will not bow down to tyrants.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/09/20060905-4.html

He is NOT with us...

The wreath would not be for dead Americans...

Hello?

The New York City Council probably denied ahmadinejijihad ( :) ) because they felt he'd simply make a political statement out of the whole dedication ceremony. Plus, the extra security costs for protecting him would probably be insanely expensive.

I say let him go to ground Zero and lay his wreath to honor the dead ...... terrorists.

And let americans know that the majority of hijackers were IRAQIS backed by SADDAM.

The New York City Council probably denied ahmadinejijihad ( :) ) because they felt he'd simply make a political statement out of the whole dedication ceremony. Plus, the extra security costs for protecting him would probably be insanely expensive.

He can still go on his own. He is allowed to go with in 25 miles of the circle. NY just said they wouldn't give security or allow him in the crater. The security he would get would be secret service and military guard.

Top Bottom