Should Civ 7 leader rosters consists of newcomer leaders only or combination of returning and newcomer leaders?

Should Civ 7 leader rosters has newcomer leaders or not?

• Newcomer leaders only in vanilla CIV 7 (Returning leaders can be added in expansion pack or dlc)

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Returning and Newcomers leaders will be in roster together in vanilla CIV 7

Votes: 14 70.0%

• Total voters

Lord of War N02

Grand Master of the East
In Civ 6 leader roster, many leaders are newcomers such as Hojo Tokimune, Thoedore Roosevelt, Trajan, Philip II of Spain and Gorgo while at same time it has returning leaders that were appeared in civ 3-4 such as Qin Shi Huang, Victoria, Gilgamesh, Peter, Pericles and Cyrus from CIV 4 and Cleopatra from CIV 3. Gandhi has appeared in every civ game like a series mascot alongside with Alexander, Genghis Khan and Shaka.

In CIV 7 vanilla leader roster, I think the newcomer leaders like James Monroe, Ivan IV (Ivan the Terrible), Toyotomi Hideyoshi and Senusret III for example should be added first unless some civs does not have many well-known leaders can be added as a special case then the returning leaders like Washington, Peter I, Tokugawa Ieyasu and Ramses II can be added via expansion or DLC later.

Note: The poll headline should be Should CIV 7 leader roster has newcomer leaders only or not because I can not edit the poll title.

Last edited:
A mix. You want your leaders selection to both have a good array of iconic stalwarts returning (because many fans like familiarity and want to return to what they like), changed faces (like new leaders, or leaders not seen in a long time, leading old civs), and new faces (leaders and civilizations never seen before, nor not seen in a long time), to attract different kind of players.

I still say, given his iconic status as a franchise mascot (sighs), make him the preorder bonus. That way India can have a proper leader in the main game and they still get to use He Who Is Annoying as a mascot.

I'd definitely say a mix of both.
I know for a fact that I'd want at least a new leader for America, China and Egypt, which would definitely be in the base game. Others I would like to see with returning leaders, some that we haven't seen in a while.
Gandhi has appeared in every civ game like a series mascot alongside with Alexander, Genghis Khan and Shaka.
Elizabeth is also returning next month.

I'd want to only see newcomers, but a mix is more likely, and is also the savvier option, because you don't want to alienate your playerbase

A mix would be my choice.

I still say, given his iconic status as a franchise mascot (sighs), make him the preorder bonus. That way India can have a proper leader in the main game and they still get to use He Who Is Annoying as a mascot.
Gandhi will always appear in the game as the mascot who will nuke others in late game.
I'd definitely say a mix of both.
I know for a fact that I'd want at least a new leader for America, China and Egypt, which would definitely be in the base game. Others I would like to see with returning leaders, some that we haven't seen in a while.

Elizabeth is also returning next month.
Elizabeth will return in Ruler of England pack after Great Builder Pack
I'd want to only see newcomers, but a mix is more likely, and is also the savvier option, because you don't want to alienate your playerbase
Totally agree, I want newcomers in vanilla but mix of returning leaders from long time like from civ 3 or civ 4 at least. Returning leaders from recently games like CIV 6 can be added in dlc or expansion. In my wishlist idea, if the full roster of newcomer leaders is not possible then it can be mix of mostly newcomers and returning leaders from civ 3 or civ 4 at least.

Since almost all civs I want never were in game before I voter for just newcomers to have more chance to they appear.
But I think is very hard to do a civ game with just newcomers because we already made so many civs it's hard to think for each civilization who never were before.
Also, civs as Zulus don't have greater names otherwise Shaka, if it have an alt leader it will be just to be someone different, but I can't see a civ game without Shaka.

Like, give Gandhi a rest. Let him return towards the end of the Civ 7 cycle, rather than at the beginning.
That I must agree. Gandhi should be take out of Civ7 and open space to a debloobed india with Mughals, Maurya and maybe also Ahmednagar Sultanate.

That I must agree. Gandhi should be take out of Civ7 and open space to a debloobed india with Mughals, Maurya and maybe also Ahmednagar Sultanate.
My take on the India argument:
Base Game -
Mayura: Chandragupta
Mughals: Akbar
XP 1 -
Chola: Raja Raja Chola
XP 2 -
Sikh - Ranjit Singh
Mayura Alt: Ashoka
DLC Season 2 -
Ahmednagar (if we have to have them in) - Malik Ambar
India - Mahatma Gandhi (NUKE TIME BABY!)

Last edited:
My take on the India argument:
Base Game -
Mayura: Chandragupta
Mughals: Akbar
XP 1 -
Chola: Raja Raja Chola
XP 2 -
Sikh - Ranjit Singh
Mayura Alt: Ashoka
DLC Season 2 -
Ahmednagar (if we have to have them in) - Malik Ambar
India - Mahatma Gandhi (NUKE TIME BABY!)
India can be divided into region in expansion like Dravidian to represent Southern Indians with India being renamed into Hindustan to represent Northern Indians and Bengal/Bangala to represent Bengalis.

Hindustan can be led by Chandgragupta (Gupta not Mauryan), Rajendra Chola will lead Dravida and Devapala will lead Bengal/Bangala

India can be divided into region in expansion like Dravidian to represent Southern Indians with India being renamed into Hindustan to represent Northern Indians and Bengal/Bangala to represent Bengalis.

Hindustan can be led by Chandgragupta (Gupta not Mauryan), Rajendra Chola will lead Dravida and Devapala will lead Bengal/Bangal
That seems good, just that I'd add a Mughal civ in Agra or Lahore too

Top Bottom