1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Should Civfantatics continue to remain neutral ?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by evrett37, Oct 25, 2010.

?

Should CivFanatics be more pro-active and take a stand ?

1. Yes

35.0%
  2. No

65.0%
  1. Jharii

Jharii King

Well, we both know what drives "professional" reviews. :)

So... if you had to estimate what the Civ4 results were/would have been, should such a poll would have been created a week or two after release, would the results have been much different. Maybe a maximum of 1 point towards the positive? Would a 7 average be safe to "guess?"

2. lschnarch

lschnarch Emperor

I honestly don't understand the question?
    It seems like you're asking me about an estimation whether a similar poll for Civ4 in the same timeframe after release would have resulted in a higher scoring?

If this was your question, then I would say most probably not since Civ4 suffered heavily from the ATI graphics card bug and the memory leak.
    Some ATI-equipped players were literally unable to play the game at all for three or four weeks, if I remember correctly.
    The memory leak was only partially solved by the Harkonnen-fix (btw, that was a remarkable thing to do - reverse engineering without any support from Firaxis and leading them to do their patch, AFAIR).

3. Jharii

Jharii King

So what you are saying is that Civ4 was less well-received than Civ5 was after a couple of weeks, for whatever reason?

Are you one of the people that had issues with the game upon release or were you one of the ones that got to play it from the beginning?

4. Ighten

Ighten Chieftain

Why is the poll asking the threads question in reverse?

5. Ayt

Ayt Warlord

Absolutely not. We all need to take a stand and agree once and for all that we are collectively pro lasagna.

6. Öjevind Lång

Öjevind Lång Deity

I'd rather have some Kentucky fried chicken.

7. Ayt

Ayt Warlord

:shake: Now you are just needlessly complicating things. What's next, someone saying they'd rather have a hamburger?!?!?

8. hendo

hendo Chieftain

9. eris

eris King

Yes. We need to take the stand that some of us really enjoy Civ 5 and will enjoy it even more as they continue to improve it. I am sure that is what constructive intent you had. If not, the moderators will not allow me to say what I think as aggressively as they allow you to do so.

10. tom2050

tom2050 Deity

How are you going to shame them? Give Shafer a spank over your knee?

11. kuukkeli

kuukkeli King

I was wondering about that too? First Civ5 poll (that I know of) I'm considering biased.

And I don't want CFC to take any stance. There are many things I don't like in Civ5 but the polls in here seem to suggest pretty even distribution between those who like and those who don't like the game. I don't see any positive effects of practically pushing half of the people out of CFC (who would wish to remain a member of community that has an official stance the person doesn't agree with).

If and when people at Firaxis read the boards they know the level of dissatisfaction by the posts. They're not that stupid that they need a front page declaration to know Civ5 sucks according to many. I've joined here because of the information and discussion - not because of supporting any CFC agenda.