Should crack cocaine be legalized for recreational use?

Should crack cocaine be legalized for recreational use?

• Total voters
MJ I can deal with being legalized. Cocaine not so much.

Powder cocaine, yes. Crack cocaine no.

But only if you reach the age of 25 with a squeaky-clean record, and are employed.

I am going to vote Yes but not for the usual reason.

It's quite . .. .. .. .ing obvious that someone in the United States government is in collaboration with the cocaine producers and this elaborate Cops and Robbers scheme needs to come to an end somehow.

Crack cocaine is one of the most addictive drugs you can get - which is why it fs up so many lives. (in order to 'recreate' that awesome original high, you have to take more and more and more...)

It just isn't comparable at all to softer drugs, like mj or alcohol.

On one hand I believe that people should be able to injest whatever the hell they want into their bodies.. On the other, this stuff is just far too addictive & potent to be of any value to society - legal or not.

most alcohol / marijuana users are casual (ie. they aren't alcoholics or drug addicts). Most crack users get hooked and f up their lives. That is the difference.

Hmm...

I'd say...don't legalize. BUT decriminalize at the federal level. Go after the pushers and dealers. Users if caught will be fined and possibly court ordered into rehab.

Hmm...

I'd say...don't legalize. BUT decriminalize at the federal level. Go after the pushers and dealers. Users if caught will be fined and possibly court ordered into rehab.

I can deal with this.

Sure, if it is taxed @ ~1 trillion % federally and local governments can still place their own restrictions on it.

Maybe try legalising some weaker drugs first and see how that works out.

I'm against dogmatic approaches to issues such as this one.

Legalized rec crack?! No thanks.

Whilst I don't think it would be advisable for anyone to try it, or that it would be any good for society as a whole; it should be legalised because I don't really give a damn what people take.

The only caveat that I would suggest is that public healthcare has no responsibility to treat medical conditions arising out of crack usage. Thats not realistic so I guess it's only work in a state with a fully privatised healthcare system.

I voted yes out of principle, but thinking realistically its unfeasible.

Maybe try legalising some weaker drugs first and see how that works out.

I'm against dogmatic approaches to issues such as this one.

Word. I also like having incentives as well, say based on your criminal record.

Make lower-level drugs legal (start with pot obviously) for people over 25 with spotless criminal records and jobs.

Well-adjusted, successful people can use drugs responsibly, in moderation.

It's tough to say with drugs like that.

Marajuana and alcohol are mind altering but in a controllable and (if done right) enjoyable way. Crack cocaine I do not have enough knowledge on!

Top Bottom