Should Firaxis make a Bizarro Leader Expansion?

Even after this his Soviet-stile economic policies made from Spain the poorest country in Europe until the 1980s.
This is so incredibly backwards. Under Franco Spain was the fastest growing economy in europe, if Franco made Spain poor, then the every other european leader for the time he ruled must have been absolutely disasterous. :lol:

But his methods?

Why does this seem to lend itself to 20th century personalities?

Ghenghis Khan killed many people, as did Kubilai. Asoka was a brutal warrior before his conversion and Quin Shi Huang whas extraordinarily brutal. Hell, hes the one who put the dead bodies in the Great Wall. Shaka was a bloody, paranoid dictator, and so where Stalin and Mao. Victoria and Napoleon hardly have clean hands considering their imperialist expansion, and clearly, no one died in horrific ways during the Inquisition (which Isabella started). Hardly any of the leaders in the game have clean hands. Really, what we are looking at is two things; impact on history (irregardless of method) and if they have a support and following even today.Vlad has both those.

For US:
Gerald Ford: only president that has never veen elected as president

Clarification: Only President not elected to either the Presidency or the Vice Presidency. John Tyler, Millard Fillmore, Andrew Johnson, and Chester A Arthur all became President without being elected to that position (or subsequently re-elected).

Also, I would also state Gerald Ford doesn't merit inclusion. His situation was so unique I don't think it would've mattered who succeeded Agnew/Nixon (hey, has anyone mentioned Nixon yet?) a loss in '76 was practically assured. Anyone who could've successfully navigated that minefield would have a strong argument for being included in the normal game.

William Henry Harrison for the US. He was the one who pissed off the Native Americans in the mid-west and, upon being elected president, died in office 30 days later. He was also supposedly cursed by one of the Natives he had murdered (supposedly every president elected in a year ending in 0 would die in office). It's probably something that was made up in light of the fact that it actually happened. Harrison was elected in 1840, Lincoln in 1860, Garfield in 1880, McKinley in 1900, Harding in 1920, Roosevelt in 1940 and Kennedy in 1960. I could see someone having some fun and writing that into his bio if a mod were to be made.

For US:
Gerald Ford: only president that has never veen elected as president

Not true there are quite a few more Andrew Johnson, John Tyler, and Millard Fillmore just off the top of my head.

EDIT: And who could forget Chester A. Arthur?

EDIT: Darn you ChrTh and your faster typing speed.

@Mango He pissed off the native americans before he was president. And the native american who cursed was Tecumseh, who now that I think about it would be great as leader of the Native Americans(in general) since he was spent his life trying to unite the native tribes

US:

Jimmy Carter
Bill Clinton
G. HW Bush

France:

Jaques Chirac

Eh...

Can't think of many more...

eh....

I think keeping to pre-1945 is a good rule, with the sole exception of Ceauşescu. The man was nuts. C'mon, who gives his wife a title like "The Best Mother Romania Could Ever Have"?

I disagree with including Vlad, by the way; for all his bloodthirstiness, he was actually a competent and astute ruler, and made many moves (such as trying to kill all the nobles) that presaged the establishment of [wiki]absolute monarchy[/wiki] by rulers like [wiki]Cardinal Richelieu[/wiki] (don't fool yourself into thinking that Louis XIII was actually King), [wiki]Louis XIV of France[/wiki], and [wiki]Peter the Great[/wiki] two to three hundred years alter.

Top Bottom