1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Should ground units be able to enter squares occupied by other civ's air units?

Discussion in 'Civ2 - General Discussions' started by gjts00, Mar 31, 2001.

1. gjts00

gjts00 Arrogant American

I would like to get the opinions of my esteemed colleagues on this matter. It makes no sense to me that ground units are not able to move into squares occupied by other civs air units (be they friend or foe). What do you Fanatics think?

------------------
    Thou who goes to bed with an itchy butt wakes up with a smelly finger.

[This message has been edited by gjts00 (edited March 31, 2001).]

2. VanillaCube

VanillaCube Your local Schizophrenic

I think they should!
    or mabey just {be they freind} should only do that.

------------------
    I am Vanilla the Cube
    I am VanillaCube
    I am I and he is him
    We are me

3. GenghisK

GenghisK ...

Why not? Have you ever seen in any "modern" war such a limitation? Imagine USAF aircrafts forbiding an Abrams tanks division to be under their flight path, or they'll bomb their own friend. That would be a great idea
    To be more serious, I think there's no reason to exclude that. And I'll even say that some enemy units SHOULD also be able to enter a square occupied by an aircraft. Why? Simple: riflemen are not supposed to have only their M16 rifle. They can use missile battery, for instance. But perhaps it would make the rules too difficult to understand

------------------
    Genghis K.

4. SlowwHand

SlowwHand Chieftain

You should be able to take a city with ground troops, if only aircraft are in the city, on the ground.
    Only makes sense.

------------------
    It's In The Way That You Use It

5. Andu Indorin

Andu Indorin Retired Druid

Well, one could argue that the Bomber's that remain airborne during an opposing Civ's turn are performing in a ground interdiction role.

(It would be nice to see expanded rules for air combat in Civ3 so that interdiction is one role, and bombing is another).