Should I ask for a refund?

Should I refund the game and buy it later?

• Yes

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 40 87.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I already have 7 hours clocked in at steam but I hear they can make exceptions to the 2 hour rule sometimes. Everyone is saying the AI is so bad it basically ruins the game so I am wondering if I should refund it and buy it later once/if it's fixed.

Should I?

From what you've described, no. However, you can try if you want to. My understanding is you can request a refund for any reason, but if you play for more than 2 hours the request gets reviewed (instead of automagically approved).

Most people enjoy the game for the ride, which is why Firaxis doesn't do too much AI work

This makes no sense to me. If you said `Most people play the game for multiplayer`, I`d understand even if I don`t agree, but what you say makes no sense.

Well I am going against the poll, and asked for a refund. I would rather do it now and get my money back instead of trying it later in case I don't like the game and then failing to get a refund.

Everyone is saying the AI is so bad it basically ruins the game so I am wondering if I should refund it and buy it later once/if it's fixed.
Why do you care what people are saying; you have the game, can't you tell for yourself whether you like it or not?

And why get a refund only to buy the game again later? It will cost you the same amount. Just keep your pants on for a bit. If you've played for 7 hours; they're not going to give you a refund, and you don't deserve one. Some games don't even have 7 hours of gameplay in them.

And why get a refund only to buy the game again later? It will cost you the same amount. Just keep your pants on for a bit.
Aye, this is the bit I don't get. Pay X, play game, demand refund, receive X back....2 months later, Pay X, AI is better so all is well. Eh?

7 hours might be over the 2 hour limit for Steam refunds anyways.

And I don't get the need to feel validated in playing Civ game. Some people here are just very negative or have agendas. It's weird but the Civilization reddit forum is actually way nicer and less vitriolic than here, yes that reddit.

If it helps, I'll say that AI quirks aside (this is always an issue with any 4X game on release), this has been the best Civ launch in a long while and it is as fully featured as Civ5 was after 2 expansions. So I'm sort of excited to see where they take this game eventually.

What makes no sense is someone who played for 7 hours asking everyone else if the A.I. is bad enough that he needs a refund.

You've played for 7 hours. Do you think the A.I. is bad enough that you need a refund?

I already have 7 hours clocked in at steam but I hear they can make exceptions to the 2 hour rule sometimes. Everyone is saying the AI is so bad it basically ruins the game so I am wondering if I should refund it and buy it later once/if it's fixed.

Should I?
No. Regardless of what your issues are (you seem to have none), what 'everyone'* else is saying doesn't seem like any sort of rational ground for an exception for you.
*which isn't actually true

What makes no sense is someone who played for 7 hours asking everyone else if the A.I. is bad enough that he needs a refund.

You've played for 7 hours. Do you think the A.I. is bad enough that you need a refund?

...and then coming to ask us to make a decision for him about a refund.

Serious lack of agency here. :think:

The way I see it, if he took next week's lunch money and used it to buy the game, and now faces both being hungry for a week and not playing the game, then, yeah, he should try for the refund. Otherwise, ... eh.

Well my refund request was rejected, so I guess it doesn't matter anymore. My specified reason for wanting a refund was that the AI was horrible, and it appears that isn't good enough :/

I've played for nearly 24 hours-in just one weekend......should I ask for a refund? :p

It's no means perfect, but it's significantly better than CiV was on release. I put that down until gods and kings, but only really got into it hard after BnW. This on the other hand is a lot of fun already.

Stop worrying about what other people are thinking and just do whatever keeps you entertained. Whatever that is, is right.

I've played for nearly 24 hours-in just one weekend......should I ask for a refund? :p
Try to demand a conditional refund -in which you're allowed to keep the product.

Top Bottom