1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I keep the Islamic holy city? (May spark world war)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Mouthwash, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

So, what should I do with this? If I keep it, Babylon and the rest the Muslims will dogpile me eventually. Should I gift it to someone else? What would happen if I went back and razed it?:eek:

View attachment Joao AD-0070.CivBeyondSwordSave
    (This is on GEM.)

2. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I´d keep it. (If things go really bad you can always gift it.) ;)

3. JSS

JSS Prince

Didn't see the "This is on GEM." part and my BTS went nuts. People who get into programming (at least in the academic levels) should be taught error handling more rigorously.

4. strijder20

strijder20 Wallowing in irony

Uh, Islam at 70 AD?
    And, unless you are playing with an improved AI, people won't dogpile you for owning a HC.

5. Ormur

Ormur Prince

You get diplomatic demerits for razing a holy city but none I know of for just keeping it.

6. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

Well the GEM mod incorporates lots of features from other mods so there might be improved AI (especially with the stability penalty for heathens owning the holy city), and I enabled Choose Religions. Islam was the second religion founded.

Update: I resumed playing, and, just a few turns in, Sury and the Polish leader declare war. Sury wasn't a threat, being on the other side of the world, but Poland sent a stack to take Memphis. Flexed some diplomatic muscles and got nearly every Christian leader (and some Muslim leaders :D) to declare on him. I guess I'll go after Zululand next.