1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I learn German or French

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Aleenik, Jan 23, 2010.

1. CivEikka

CivEikka Warlord

Very simple.

If you like to drink beer and want to sound more manly, choose german.
    If you like to drink wine, and want to sound more like a frog, choose french.

2. Northen Wolf

Northen Wolf Young Hunter

Comparing language of French to German would be same as compare drunk person speaking to sober person language use. For me French sounds like: " I-have-minimum-two-hot-potatoes-in-my-mouth-and-I-am-not-sober"-kind of language.

So, for any native English speaker (and any other language speaker), I'd recommend studying German over French. Besides that, it's more similar to your native language.

There are few exception, like, if you want to move to French or Canada (or one of their ex-colonies).

3. Sofista

Sofista card-carrying

Full quote was, "One has to speak Spanish with God, Italian with lady friends, French with male friends, German with soldiers, English with ducks, Hungarian with horses and Czech with the Devil".

4. Godwynn

Godwynn March to the Sea

No love for Portuguese?!?

:mad::mad::mad: