Should I press the 'Win' button on this game already?

Horizons

Needing fed again!
The Civ6 meta is: reroll till you get a great start, settle juicy and plumptious cities, peace out, make an absolute fortune from trading with allies, buy your way to victory.

I've clearly already won this game as Portugal. Should I bother playing? :D

Horrible start, difficult to place your Harbour!

I've started to go with the "play the map you roll" rule and it's been a lot of fun, adds a layer of challenge.

I'm missing the point of the thread...is that supposed to be a horrible start? Looks very typical to me, not great but not unworkable.

I think the real question is are you going to be able to run international trade routes on that map, which will depend on what the AI does. But you can always sacrifice a settler to set up and give a city to the AI where you can place a lot of Feitorias, I suppose, though that's not something I've tried.

So did you play it out?

Hmm. What are the odds of Brussels' city-state request being "send trade route"?

My favourite starts are unusual ones. Starting locked onto a peninsula by mountain ranges, or next to a weird natural wonder are awesome ways to shake up the game for a change.

As to the difficulty question, given that people win on deity with ice-and-mountain locked starts, you might be overstating things. Once people reach a certain level you have pretty much won when you hit start game given the AI, and the fun is more about how you win.

It all depends on what you find fun. Some people like the challenge of playing whatever the RNG gods throw at them, others don't. There's no one rule for all.

Quot homines ...

If only Pack 6 turned out to be the Inuit, then I would definitely said yes. :mischief:

Horrible start, difficult to place your Harbour!

I've started to go with the "play the map you roll" rule and it's been a lot of fun, adds a layer of challenge.

Yep. I've noticed that a lot of the Deity videos on Youtube are on Pangea. This is the easiest map type to win on!

If you get continents, the AI on the other continent has far more time to develop and capitalize on its boosts. It's dumb, but it just completely overwhelms you with sheer spam (more production, more faith, more science).

It's a real slog. I feel like I should be getting paid to play it, it reminds me so much of work.

It's a real slog. I feel like I should be getting paid to play it, it reminds me so much of work.

Play at the difficulty you enjoy. Nobody is saying that deity is the only way to play. Play in a way that makes you happy and if it feels like work then just stop.

Yep. I've noticed that a lot of the Deity videos on Youtube are on Pangea. This is the easiest map type to win on!

Hmm, you know, as much as I disagree with your posts, this does have a good point.

Like every fast win is where everyone is clustered together and you don't have to advance sea techs or really explore just makes me roll my eyes.

I don't think I have ever rerolled, unless I am going for a specific achievement and the start screws with it. Pretty rare.

Top Bottom