Should I re-buy civ 4? Read description

chrisg7

Chieftain
So me and my friend used to always play internet games on civ 4 complete edition. He owned civ through steam, and I bought it from Amazon. Recently, we tried to play one. He logged in (to the gamespy thing it prompts u for when you select "internet games) and was directed to the server browser. I tried to log in, but it told me I wasn't accepted or something (can't remember exact wording, will find that later). My thinking is, if I rebuy the game on steam, it will work again. I heard something about a gamespy shutdown or something and I think that has something to do with it... Let me know what you think. Should I rebuy? It's on steam sale atm!

I don't understand the issue. If you want to play against your friend, go and visit the multiplayer forums, there you'll definately find a way to connect to him without using Gamespy.

If this is too complicated for you and you don't want to invest the time searching for an answer, yes, spend those 10€ or what does CIV with all expansions cost on Steam?

Sera

Top Bottom