Should I stop trying for all three religious wonders at Theology?

darkace77450

Emperor
I've already conceded that Notre Dame is just too far out of the path to Theology to hope to get, but I always try to snatch the Great Mosque, Hagia Sopia, and Borobudur when I'm playing a faith/religion-driven Cultural Victory. This is usually a losing proposition on when playing anyone other than of Egypt.

Outside of restarting until I get Marble as a starting luxury resource or building Stonehenge before my expansion cities (to start the Great Engineer counter so I can rush build one of the three), there's not much else I can do to squeeze a few more hammers into the early game. If it's always going to be a roll of the dice on whether or not the AI Civs compete for these, then so be it. But any tips or advice (AI prioritization of one over the other two, etc) you guys can throw my way would be appreciated.

When I play for culture victory I always find myself too far behind on tech to get them all, which is a shame because then my religion has a harder time gatting its base and spreading. I guess I should do libraries earlier, but anyway I find these wonders not too essential.

Depends what difficulty level you are playing on? I think I was able to get 2/3 when playing on king level or lower, and rarely at emperor.

I tend to play Immortal these days, and sometimes try for Borobudur but only get it about 30% of the time. Does the Great Mosque allow missionaries to spread religion an extra time? So you want that first, then Borobudur, then maybe try for Hagia Sophia for a great prophet to enhance with.

Depends on difficulty.
If you play well, you should be able to get all 3 on king and below. On emperor you might miss one, on immortal you might be able to get one and on deity, forget about it, unless it's some weird game where none of the AI went for piety. That would be a first though lol.

Top Bottom