1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I upgrade to the patch or not

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by druidravi, Oct 24, 2010.

1. druidravi

druidravi King

Seemingly the patch kills trading . You cant even trade resource for resource . You need to add something extra . If they reduced the resource sell cost to 150g , it was fine ..but making ai value only human player resources by 50% seems way unbalanced . The AI already gets insane bonuses on deity .

Instead of fixing the AI ,they are just focusing on punishing the human to make game more difficult . Nerfing the horseman rush , maritime city states would be fine . But this feels underhanded .

2. testdummy653

testdummy653 Prince

I feel that is the only bad thing with the patch is the trading. Everything else seems a little bit better, AI actually makes ships, Gold production is now 25%, AI uses some sorta of strategy in combat (its not Good, but better).
    The only reason trading got so hard, is because people are posting on how easy it was pre-patch to make the AI give them gold. This could of been the reason why its so hard to get stuff.
    This is untested, but maybe the AI is less happiness dependant/crazy so extra luxury resources are not really a big deal when they are happy?

3. lschnarch

lschnarch Emperor

I would recommend to wait a bit with patching.

Next to the trading, they invented new flaws with city automization, too.

So, if you're doing ok with your current state of game patching, wait if there will be some hotfixes to the new patch.

4. Humakty

Humakty Happy Goblin

THere is one main reason to patch : military AI will actually cause troubles when superior in numbers, eventually launching large scale assaults, but additionally it will also retreat its forces if loosing, to wait for your coming in its lands.

5. BobDole

BobDole American Leader in Civ VI

It's worth patching (exception: if you have Deluxe and have a game to finish, in which case, finish it first rather than wait for a hotfix). Yeah, trading is a little weird right now, but at the same time, before the patch you could amass a small fortune by trading stuff cause the AI paid so much for resources (they'd give up their own strategic resources even just to get 5 happiness). There's a lot of good improvements in the patch.

6. Mark the Bold

Mark the Bold Warlord

Absolutely. The patch is fantastic. Performance increases all around ESPECIALLY on large games; I have yet to have it crash. AI is slightly more sinister. Workers dont need to be babysat as much. More information available on everything. Good job 2k Games! They were starting to burn effigies of Greg around here.....

7. lordsurya08

lordsurya08 class-A procrastinator

Get the patch. It's great. The AI is considerably smarter in battle, diplomacy has improved slightly, and less lag and crashes.

8. Ighten

Ighten Chieftain

Def a yes.. The only downside does seem to be the trading which Im hoping gets either hot fixed next week or fixed along with the diplomacy (well in dreamword) in a month or two

9. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

Yes. Turn times, performance, battle AI....pretty much everything but diplomacy has approved across the board.

10. druidravi

druidravi King

Thanks , I plan to play civ 5 in a day or 2 . Will patch it and see how it goes , thanks for the heads up guys .
    Though it seems now only time i'm going to use diplo screen after the patch will be to declare war ...

11. Becephalus

Becephalus King

Yes get the patch. Trading is better now. Trading has always been yet another way for players to rape the AI, then people complain the game is too easy so they make it harder, and now people whine about that.

12. Orion66

Orion66 Master of Orion

I think I will try to play Civ5 one more time now... it seems it is worth it