Should Malakim Adept Model Stay?

How we change Malakim arcane model?

• Keep the Adept and change the Mage (and Archmage)!

Votes: 24 42.9%
  • Keep the Mage (and Archmage) and change the Adept!

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Keep them all (and let the girdle of gender-bending does its work!)

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Change them all!

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Other idea (please specify?)

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters

esvath

Apprentice of Erebus
Hi, everyone!

It's been a while since I play FfH. Getting married surely hampers one ability to play game :lol:

Anyway, I am very delighted to play FfH 2 (yay, Splintered Court!) and see a bunch of new Malakim models (patch r). But, I was very surprised to see that Malakim Adept still a long-necked woman while the Mage and Archmage still chubby men-in-reds. This was put in cosmetic thread long time ago.

Well, what do you think about these models? Should the Adept stay? Or let's keep the Mage and Archmage? Or keep them both (and let the girdle of gender bending does its job :crazyeye:)? Or change both?

Personally, I vote "change them both!" The Adept is too weird to be considered as a Malakim female (I think this should go to Kurio arcane line, until Lamia shows up :mischief:) while the Mage and Archmage are too regular.

I like the female adept very much!
It fits the african flair, reminds me of those tall slender east african ppl.
Seeing them turn into the otherwise "normal" (Arch)mages doesnt fit though.
Would be a finishing highlight for the malakim models to give them proper female mages!

Ima want moar chicks.

The current adept model would be fine if she wasn't so spindly and out-of-proportion.
Keep the basic design, but use one of the more realistic female models as a base, then expand on it for the mage and archmage like the Svartalfar do.
Save the headdress for archmage, though; it's way too fancy for a tier 1 unit.

Really as long as something gets done to fix the adept's beyond bizarre appearance I will be happy. :)

I do not see why the Malakim would have a female arcane casters line. However, if the designers feel they should, I suggest making them all female or all male. It is at least funny to have your female adept to turn to a male mage. I do not think the advance in magical abilities should cause a so drastic change in body functioning :lol:

Just make the adept look a little more realistic, and there's no problem in my book. I honestly never even noticed that they were going from female to male. :)

I was very disappointed the first time I played the Malakim and upgraded an adept to a mage. I like the Adept model, and would like to see the upgraded units match it thematically, as well as gender-wise.

I like pie...oh wait, that is not an option.

Really as long as something gets done to fix the adept's beyond bizarre appearance I will be happy. :)

Im all for this too. If anyone checks out the model in nifscope they will notice that it looks perfect. Its the animations that are making it all wonky. I couldnt fix it, but Im not good at art stuff. If someone else can Im glad to include it.

Well, if they get the Adept animation working, leave things as are. After all, they are mages.;)

But there is an explanation! varn was travelling through Sheiam lands when he started to get jealous of their many planer gate units, especially the ones that come with public baths

So he brough together every adept in his empire together to try to create his own

It failed, and the explosion mutated every person with magical ability in his kingdom

Now they must gain enough skill to change themselves back into their original forms

Wow. I never thought that the alien-lady got so many supporters (including Kael! :eek:) I am going to propose that Malakim arcane should be modeled as Arabian princess (with long veil, jewelry and such) but with Kael favoring the alien-lady, I think my Arabian princess will never show up in FfH :mischief:

But, to be honest, don't you think that the alien-lady is too alien? Not fit into Malakim, imho... Just add a tail and I think she is quite Lamia-like (and thus given to the Kurio, and thus provide empty slot for my Arabian princess... :lol:)

My favourite animation in the game is the Mobius Witch combat animation. She? just squats. It is hilarious.

I like the flames animation best. After all, massive drops in fps are fun.

Top Bottom