Should marijuana be legalized for recreational use? (Part 2)

Should marijuana be legalized for recreational use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, if there's anything OT needed, it was another pot thread.

This isn't another, it's a continuation of the last one. After a thread gets over a thousand posts, it gets locked.
I'm aware of that, I just wanted to complain.

--okay, look. I'm getting a lot of angry stares from people thinking "god DAMMIT, BasketCase, shut the hell up and go away".
Au contraire, Address my points for once.

1. Provide back up for your claim that when stoned people's responsibility department in their brain is disabled and they suddenly feel it's ok to drive, when they previously didn't.

2. A reaction to the articles I found on your source about the Dutch government would be nice. You even wanted to start a thread about Especially the sentiment of the major in Amsterdam was quite interesting don't you think? Even a reaction to your own source, to which you drew conclusions which were totally bonkers, like the government wanting to outlaw marijuana because it sparked criminals. The change in the Dutch policy as you called it is that more and more officials are backing up the legalising of weed, and especially licensed growing.
If it's so important to you, move to Holland--errrr.....wait..........oh dear. Bit of a problem there. :D
Sure BC, sure.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7725040&postcount=1019

Busted!
There won't be significant tax revenue from the "legalize and tax" solution (just look at what happened when they tried that with any other drug).
Tobacco. 2.3 billion each year in tiny little crappy Holland. Huge savings for not having to have a War on Tobacco disregarded. Not significant. :lol:

edit: Oh wait, I forgot. You do not listen to me because I'm such a stoner and you can't trust anything I say :lol:
I'm aware of that, I just wanted to complain.
Great, if there's anything OT needed, it was another complaint. ;)

Me again. Puttin' the ol' billboard up:

Don't legalize it. Mostly because it messes up the human brain and poses a threat to people besides the user (it also causes cancer, but that one runs a distant third place).

There won't be significant tax revenue from the "legalize and tax" solution (just look at what happened when they tried that with any other drug).

It's impossible to overdose on weed, you say? So what?? You can't overdose on tobacco either. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE.​

There, that should cover the big items most-often mentioned in these threads--

:eek:

--okay, look. I'm getting a lot of angry stares from people thinking "god DAMMIT, BasketCase, shut the hell up and go away". Not happening. If it's an Off Topic thread, I'm gonna post in it. If you want me off your back, go post at the message board on reeferhead.com or whatever.

Alrighty, time to do some debating.

Same reason firearms laws are completely different all over the United States, despite the fact that we have ONE U.S. Constitution that says ONE thing about whether or not we have the right to carry firearms.

I don't actually know what that reason is--just that there is one. Maybe the law is just plain messed up. Or maybe the nation's lawmakers decided to split the country up into separate parts with different laws so that people can move to the areas with the laws they like best. If it's so important to you, move to Holland--errrr.....wait..........oh dear. Bit of a problem there. :D

Of course, no matter where a person moves to, they will never have EXACTLY the laws they want. Right now it's your desire to smoke weed that is getting stomped on by the guys with black boots and MP5's. In other areas it will be your right to guns, or your right to not worship a God. Somewhere or other, the law is gonna supercede one or another of your rights, and you're just gonna have to deal with that.

Or you could :suicide:

Side note for ya, Dawgphood. Bringing up the hypocrisy angle doesn't really do much for you. Here's why: because there are TWO ways to put a stop to the hypocrisy you pointed out. Either legalize both weed and alcohol, or BAN both weed and alcohol. If you present it as a hypocrisy issue, both solutions become valid, and I'm just gonna take a wild guess that you were aiming specifically for the first one.

You know when say someone keeps posting long after they have pretty much lost any point they made, and everyone thinks they are just making the case for the other side by continuing posting. There are some famous examples of both posters and threads. Do you want to be one of those people, who just keeps on going because if they think they get the last post in they somehow win despite their argument being worthless. Honestly BasketCase I think you've done more to promote the legalisation of cannabis than MB has done to promote the legalisation of gay marriage. That's why I say kudos and carry on that effort.

You know when say someone keeps posting long after they have pretty much lost any point they made, and everyone thinks they are just making the case for the other side by continuing posting. There are some famous examples of both posters and threads. Do you want to be one of those people, who just keeps on going because if they think they get the last post in they somehow win despite their argument being worthless. Honestly BasketCase I think you've done more to promote the legalisation of cannabis than MB has done to promote the legalisation of gay marriage. That's why I say kudos and carry on that effort.
Maybe we should make him give anti-marijuana speeches in Congress, and on the streets of major cities?

Legalize as long as it won't be too much more expensive than the current price.

Legalize as long as it won't be too much more expensive than the current price.
It should be cheaper, as even with high taxes people are already used to paying considerable amounts for it.

Yeah, everyone being able to grow in their back yard without fear of jail time will change things dramatically. Hell I probably will be able to grow my own :D

Yeah, everyone being able to grow in their back yard without fear of jail time will change things dramatically. Hell I probably will be able to grow my own :D
I daresay most people will still buy it rather than grow it. As an aside, is it legal to grow tobacco in one's backyard? Because if it is, it helps illustrate my point.

I daresay most people will still buy it rather than grow it. As an aside, is it legal to grow tobacco in one's backyard? Because if it is, it helps illustrate my point.

Tobacco takes up a lot more space though. If you think about how often people smoke cigarettes and how little good weed it takes to get high.

I daresay most people will still buy it rather than grow it.

I think so too, it's an expensive and drawn out process to grow it. If you were a large-scale smoker it might be worth it in the long run, but for the average consumer a supermarket variety would suffice. That is to say, I wouldn't imagine it would be treated any differently to growing your own vegetables or herbs. Worth the time and effort for some, but not all.

I figure I could grow a pound in the back yard. Keep 8 ounces for me and parties. Sell the other 8 ounces.

Then again I brew beer with my dad and experiment with different syrups and flavoring for my hookahs tobacco. So I may be in the minority.

Though I am sure it would be fun.

The thing about weed is that it'll grow anywhere, at almost any time. It is far easier to grow than tobacco.

2. There are a lot of "enthusiast" growers out there.. people who grow either to sell - or becuase they enjoy the challenge of trying to grow the best bud.

Not that many people would do it.. but the comparison to tobacco is faulty.. you'd see a private grower here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom