Should marijuana be legalized for recreational use?

Should marijuana be legalized for recreational use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

amadeus

Serenity now
A CNN/Time poll in 2002 found that about one-third of the U.S. population supported the legalization of marijuana for recreational use. That said, I would like to know: do you personally favor or oppose the legalization of marijuana for recreational use?

The last CFC poll, apparently conducted in 2003, showed that 50% of CFC-OT'ers at the time supported legalization, about 20% for decriminalization, and the rest either for medical use or none at all.

As for myself, I support full legalization.

Legalized and then 30% tax :). Problem is that then people will start growing it rather than just buying it from convenience stores. Will the growers be illegal?

Sure.

.zehn.

Yes but not for medical reason's just to be diffulcult

Am pretty sure we got a thread on this already

I have a hard time thinking of a good reason to say "no", to be honest.

I'm in favour of it.

Switzerland had a vote on it just this fall. Unfortunately, only 36.8% voted in favour of it :(

where the"i dont care either way" option?

No, for medical use, as it is highly addictive.

A CNN/Time poll in 2002 found that about one-third of the U.S. population supported the legalization of marijuana for recreational use. That said, I would like to know: do you personally favor or oppose the legalization of marijuana for recreational use?

The last CFC poll, apparently conducted in 2003, showed that 50% of CFC-OT'ers at the time supported legalization, about 20% for decriminalization, and the rest either for medical use or none at all.

Yeah, and more than half of the voters made sure that Bush Jr was president twice - what's your point?

Am pretty sure we got a thread on this already
Am pretty sure there's been at least four threads on this since I joined. And I was gone for six months.

Of course it should be legalised. There's no reason for it not to be (cue Basketcase with some crap about how it causes car accidents) and several reasons - good ones - for it to be. If anyone wants to know them, dig up the other threads, because I'm not repeating myself again.

No, for medical use, as it is highly addictive.

Less addictive than tobacco and alcohol.

(The main justification for the categorization as a category 1 drug in the US is that it lacks a medical use, as opposed to how dangerous it is.)

I don't particularly care, but I slightly favor legalizing marijuana it across the board. Of course, this would be accompanied by an ~200% tax and a ban on smoking in public places (which applies no matter what you smoke). Also, DUIs would of course still be given if it is found in a driver's system.

I'd support legalizing just about any drug (at the federal level, though I'm fine with local bans), with a high enough tax on it. Taxes on Alcohol and Tobacco need to be increased too.

No, with the way the laws are now it works out fine as it is. If you want to smoke it in your house, you can, theres nothing really stopping you from doing or buying it, its very freely and readily available. But with the laws in place it keeps and would be idiot yokel from trying the stuff, and letting the stuff go out of control. The currenlty situation already works for everyone, theres not a whole lot getting in the way of you smoking it if you want.

No, with the way the laws are now it works out fine as it is. If you want to smoke it in your house, you can, theres nothing really stopping you from doing or buying it, its very freely and readily available. But with the laws in place it keeps and would be idiot yokel from trying the stuff, and letting the stuff go out of control. The currenlty situation already works for everyone, theres not a whole lot getting in the way of you smoking it if you want.

Its safer if its legalized. Personally I've had dirty weed where they put rat poison, or shoe polish, and all kinds of stuff in it. In Britain my friend tells me they put in tiny glass crystals to simulate THC crystals. Legalized means quality can be regulated and taxed. It also means that people who are being arrested, brought to court and spending time in jail for personal possession won't have that happen to them anymore because it does happen and its a waste of money.

Except of course, if the police find that you're buying it or smoking it, you could do time. How you think the current situation works for everybody is beyond me, it is quite clearly an unnecessary and infeasible situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom