Should pets be used as fishbait ?

Should it ?

• Total voters

Heretic_Cata

We're gonna live forever
Aparently they are used for that.
Live and dead dogs and cats are being used as shark bait by amateur fishers on the French-controlled island of Réunion, according to animal-welfare organizations and local authorities.

The small volcanic island off Africa's east coast is bursting with stray dogs—upward of 150,000, says Reha Hutin, president of the Paris-based Fondation 30 Millions d'Amis (the Thirty Million Friends Foundation).

The foundation plans to finance a sterilization program on the island to reduce the stray overpopulation. But the job won't be easy.

Is this a viable solution for the large numbers of stray pets ?
Why are the french acting so slow with the sterlisation program ? (which hasn't even started yet)
Should France be invaded again ?
Do sharks even like dog meat?

Discuss

P.S. - The article links to a picture, i recommend you not to click it unless you want to see a (living) dog impaled by a hook.

Is this a viable solution for the large numbers of stray pets ?
Puppie and kitty hunting season.
Why are the french acting so slow with the sterlisation program ? (which hasn't even started yet)
Folks are on vacation.
Should France be invaded again ?
I dunno. The last couple of times the Germans tried, things didn't go too well for them.
Do sharks even like dog meat?
Sure. Sharks are like teenagers. They eat anything.

If they're stray, then they aren't pets. So yeah, they can be used as bait(as long as they're dead). If somebody actually owns them, no... that's theft, or something like that.

Moderator Action: Stay on topic please.

Excessive stray animals can be a problem. In China they eat them. they of course must be dead before they are hooked.

We should apprehend actual pets and use them.

You know, owning a pet is worse for the environment than driving an SUV. And it turns people into social ******s because they spend all their time and emotion with muppets.

Using live animals isn't cool. I'd say that if it were a chicken or a mouse. Killing pests (as humanely as practical) and using them as bait is fine with me.

You know, owning a pet is worse for the environment than driving an SUV. And it turns people into social ******s because they spend all their time and emotion with muppets.
By the same logic, we should shut down the internet and make people deal with one another face-to-face. :rolleyes:

Surfing the net is not worse than driving an SUV.

I don't know what logic you are talking about, but I never implied that EVERYHING affecting the environment should be banned - at all. Way to take my point into lala land.

ps. Sharks are not fish. This might be the most inaccurate title of the week, and the funny thing is it was not intentional/partisan.

And it turns people into social ******s because they spend all their time and emotion with muppets.
This is the part I was referencing.

Ahh, I see.

Ok, glad you were not just badgering me.

Still, I never said that everything causing social ******ation should be banned. The social ******ation is just a bonus problem with pets, the main point being carbon footprint, pollution and other beyond-human factors.

ps. Sharks are not fish. This might be the most inaccurate title of the week, and the funny thing is it was not intentional/partisan.

Sharks are not fish? I think you confused dolphins and whales with sharks.

Look everybody! Eco just trumped millenia of human behavior!

It disgusts me the same way that others eating a dog disgusts me. But if that's what they do there...well, that's their business I guess.

First dogs aren't pets, now sharks aren't fish?! What's going on in the world!!!! This new decade is CRAY-ZEE!!!! :run:

Top Bottom