Should public nudity be legal?

Should public nudity be legal?

• Total voters

Truronian

Quite unfamiliar
Retired Moderator
During the renaissance of Libertarian thought this website has had the privileged of witnessing recently, I've seen one issue go completely untouched.

Public Nudity.

So, should it be banned? If so, why? If not, why?

You might want to change the title, because the poll asks the opposite question. Can be a bit confusing.

i voted yes ... but i can see a lot of places where its just not gunna fly

So as long as a society provides beaches parks etc. that are close to the people i think that's the best we can get... for all practical purposes most beaches here are ... topless /thong doesn't seem to raise an eyebrow, and I'm not a pretty sight in my budgie smugglers either, but they are comfortable

oh... why do thread titles and polls always pose the opposite views?

oh damnit, i should read polls :[

i think it should be legal.

i dont see any valid argument for it to be illegal?

the other week the libertine cyclists were protesting bike helmets ... so they organised a nude ride to the steps of parliament, the first few were booked by the cops... so they proceeded to walk the bikes to the finish... in the nude, so as to avoid a fine...

Moderator Action: Inappropriate link deleted.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Yes, it should be illegal. Most people who would use this law are most likely the people one is least likely to want to see naked - middle-aged folk. Never cute college students.

Then again, it should be law that it is illegal for Scarlett Johansen, Gemma Atkinson and Katie Perry to wear clothes.

I voted according to the thread question, not the poll question, so I would have said noo, but i said yes to the thread question.

Generally those people who go around naked are those who generally should be wearing clothes, since they are generally old and overweight, not those who would look good naked.

Sorry about the question opposite-ness, I've changed the thread title so the questions are the same.

Going topless I'm fine with. There are some circumstances where clothing should be mandatory for health reasons. I don't want skid-mark covered benches from people with questionable hygiene. I'm uncomfortable with the thought of people going about fully nude, though I cannot justify my rational -- I can give reasons, but the reason I say no to the idea has nothing to do with logic.

Only in Tehran.

HAAAAAA!

I kind of want to say yes, but... ... ... does it need to be said?

There should be laws regarding hygiene and guidelines over safety, and there are of course places and situations where it should not be legal, but a greater amount of freedom re public nudity is certainly a good thing. Voted yes, on principle.

A good policy measure might be to allow topless sunbathing in public parks and green spaces, and then gradually introduce more liberal laws as the public comes round to the idea.

Hygiene is the only issue I see, maybe make people carry around a towel to sit on as happens in some nudist camps?

Top Bottom