Should the US Build a Wall Along the Atlantic to Keep Muslims Out?

What do you mean scummy though? Having been part of a church hopping family in the past most church hopping happens to get away from the stuff you probably call "scummy." Like we would leave churches cus the pastor would get up and preach at us about how evil our saturday morning cartoons were. I literally had a 4th grade sunday school teacher tell me that watching captain planet was wrong because it worshiped the earth instead of god or some nonsense and was created by ted turner who is an atheist or something. My parents kind of had a field day with that and we switched. It happened a lot actually, us switching from churches that were too preachy and not accepting into ones that were. That seems more the norm than a bunch of hardliners who you describe as scummy banding together to form their own church.

Any of them that preach hate or intolerance or are just in it for what they can get out of it, not what the congregation gets out of it.

Any of them that preach hate or intolerance or are just in it for what they can get out of it, not what the congregation gets out of it.

How so? I show the word "hate" appearing in the Bible 127 times. Hate and Hell (which I hate and don't tolerate very well) are not recent inventions by televangelists trying to get your money.

How so? I show the word "hate" appearing in the Bible 127 times. Hate and Hell (which I hate and don't tolerate very well) are not recent inventions by televangelists trying to get your money.

Wow. Given the number of words in the Bible 127 seems like a surprisingly small number...

The word "Burrito" on the other hand only appears in the Bible 17 times.
What about "falafel"? I could really use a falafel, come to think of it. Maybe I'll hit the Lebanese place on the way home... :yumyum:

The word "Burrito" on the other hand only appears in the Bible 17 times.

I think it's in my Bible more than that, but only because I'm using a menu from the Mexican takeout place as a bookmark.

Christ did not preach hate. The hellfire and damnation variant of preaching, which is common enough in protestant Christianity, really entirely misses the point of Christ's life and teaching. That's the Old Testament, not the new. Yet many people go for that.

^While Christ was obviously not vicious next to the old testament god, there are still people dieing in the new testament just cause they were not honest. Although it happens in the acts of the apostles, so maybe it is again the old god who kills them.

The plot of a self-sacrificing god is peculiar, though. It can be read in many ways. Yet what seems to be always the same is that things will get gruesome if one doesn't worship/obey the god argued to exist. I mean, if some warlord burned your village and raped people and so on and so on, would this really be seen as less negative if in the future he sends his son to be killed by you and then go on burning and raping? It is still an irrational and dangerous warlord- he just wanted you to know he doesn't care as much about his own son as he cares about being worshipped.

At least in greek mythology, the gods likely would not care much about you, unless you committed hubris (which specifically entails thinking you are as good as the gods), or if you were a very good looking woman, cause then some of the gods might want to have sex with you and you likely would end up dead in the long run :)

Top Bottom