Should Tupac leads Inca in Civ7

Should Tupac leads Inca in Civ7

• Yes

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
Just how Iconic Tupac is. leading the lasts of Incans with modernized army.
And yet he became symbol of Anti-Imperialism as well as the Voices of the Oppressed in Continental Americas (Both in Latin America, where he became Communist symbols as well as Anti-American symbols. as well as the United States, where a black rapper is named after Espanophobe King of the last Free American Empire).
Is he really a worthy symbols of Continental American Rebels? are there still Tupac Parties anywere in South America and are they all hate (Anglophone) Americans equally as they hate Spanish 'Unholy Roman Empire' and did they shun Catholicism as well as Jesus Christ and his other Churches? did Tupakish even tried to revive Pre-Christian religions to South Americans or did they too worshipped Jesus Christ as well or did they worship Lenin and Stalin? did Tupahish still hate Bourbons too?
And what are their views towards China and Russia?
And what are US Federal Government to Tupahish factions anywhere in South America and their home in the US of A?

He’s not iconic enough for me to have heard him, my first thought it was the rapper(which I still don’t know much about). Some history on Tupac would be a nice addition to the post

Nah, Topa Yuanqui or Pachacuti has my vote. Huyana Capac could be another option, Atahualpa would be a mid tier choice.

What Tupac are you talking about?
If you are talking about the Tupac Yupanqui, son of Pachacuti I should give you a big YES!
I love his history about the voyage untill the pacific and should be amazing an Inca leader with a naval unique unit.
But if you are talking about Tupac Amaru, the last of Inca leaders in Vilcambamba. I'm not so eager on him, also I'm not a fan of Tupac Amaru II either, the one who tryied a colonial revolution against the Spanish crown.

Tupac the Antiespanol. and i'm sure that Black American Rapper who died in a driveby gangsta shootout in 90s is named after him or chose that name so to put the urban Black Americans in place of Incas, and (Un)Holy Roman Imperial Spanish in place of American authrities (which at that time were ruled by 'Whites').

What's good about Tupac Yupanqui? did he create Incan Navy?

What's good about Tupac Yupanqui? did he create Incan Navy?
He don't create, after the conquest of Guayaquil, in Equador. The Inca empire have acess an old maritime network.
I guess Tupac Yupanqui voyage him self into Pacific before become an Inca leader. But I'm not sure about that.

^ what should Incan ships looks like and did Spanish (and Portuguese of they ever care to venture here or served as ship navigators or captains to Spanish ships and fleets) ever meets any before the first Conquistadores ever landed on what's now Peru and Chile.?

If memory serves, Tupac Yupanqui was a general under his father, Pachacuti. Between his time as one of his father’s generals and his time as leader himself, the empire grew rapidly, adding modern day Ecuador and expanding into the Amazon basin.
^ what should Incan ships looks like and did Spanish (and Portuguese of they ever care to venture here or served as ship navigators or captains to Spanish ships and fleets) ever meets any before the first Conquistadores ever landed on what's now Peru and Chile.?
Incan boats were woven from reeds, and they could reach fairly big sizes. 50 feet or more if I recall.

What Tupac are you talking about?
If you are talking about the Tupac Yupanqui, son of Pachacuti I should give you a big YES!
I love his history about the voyage untill the pacific and should be amazing an Inca leader with a naval unique unit.
But if you are talking about Tupac Amaru, the last of Inca leaders in Vilcambamba. I'm not so eager on him, also I'm not a fan of Tupac Amaru II either, the one who tryied a colonial revolution against the Spanish crown.
The ALLEGED voyage. You have a bad habit of declaring theories, postulations, and even myths and legends as though they were solid and proven facts when you take a shining to them.

I'm assuming this poll is about Tupac Amaru II, who is also a Great General in Civ 6. He lived in the 18th century and tried to start an indigenous independence movement in Peru. It was well after the heyday of the Incan Empire though, so I don't see a compelling reason to have him as leader over Huyana Capac, Pachacuti etc.

The Incan sheeps should look like as that!

The ALLEGED voyage. You have a bad habit of declaring theories, postulations, and even myths and legends as though they were solid and proven facts when you take a shining to them.
I still thinking should be more amazing to have Tupac Yupanqui with a naval fleet in a game then have Pachacuti or Huyana Capac again.
as for example:
You should start to try learn spanish to read and listen to Inca history.

I still thinking should be more amazing to have Tupac Yupanqui with a naval fleet in a game then have Pachacuti or Huyana Capac again.
as for example:
Me hablo Espanol un pocito. Es un estudiante en un clase de Espanol en mi eschuela.

On from that, the voyage could have been an Incan myth, unless we really do know it happened from multiple sources, not just Incan.

as for example:
These YouTube videos are theories and postulations, as I said, not Inca history. And Inca history is not language-locked behind Spanish. Tupac Yupanui's voyage has no definitive proof behind it - it is only an unproven theory. And, regardless of what you think is, "amazing," (which is always highly suspect, and dubious for the game), Pachacuti and Huyna Capac are what people think of - and want - when it comes to the Inca. Players of Civ games don't want odd segues or exceptions to expectations that you find, "amazing," I'm afraid, especially ones that may not have actually had any historical truth to them.

These YouTube videos are theories and postulations
I need to disagree, theses Youtubers are historians who make an extra money with Youtube. And I just took 3 videos about Tupac Yupanqui, there are a lot more.
Inca history is not language-locked behind Spanish
Maybe you can learn something in english, but it's a fact the best sources of Inca or Aztecs are in Spanish.
All chronist of XVI century write down in Spanish!!!
And we cannot decifre the Inca "language" of knots in a rope, so we must to relly in Spanish chronicals
especially ones that may not have actually had any historical truth to them.
We definitely have a point here. I don't know what kind of sources you expect to consider a history real, but when we speak about america before Colombus we need to be more flexible to accept history, as in the case of Toltecs, we should accept chorincals of XVI century even if it speak after the events.

Pachacuti and Huyna Capac are what people think of - and want - when it comes to the Inca.
We have already 6 times the same kind of Incas, if they can have an unique boat as unique unit once, why not?
Maybe it can be controversial if Tupac Yupanqui was him self on the voyage to Pacific, but this voyage really happens and we have material evidence as Ahu Vinapu!!! It's a Inca archeological site in the middle of Pacific ocean.

regardless of what you think is, "amazing,"
The most Amazing issue of a game as Civilization is teach new things to the players. I guess all players already now very well about Incas, Aztecs and Mayas. So, it's amazing to dive deeper in it's history to show something the players maybe don't know. And I'm pretty sure the Tupac Yupanqui's voyage to Pacific is an unknown event who should be in a game who empower history.

We have already 6 times the same kind of Incas, if they can have an unique boat as unique unit once, why not?
Maybe it can be controversial if Tupac Yupanqui was him self on the voyage to Pacific, but this voyage really happens and we have material evidence as Ahu Vinapu!!! It's a Inca archeological site in the middle of Pacific ocean.

The most Amazing issue of a game as Civilization is teach new things to the players. I guess all players already now very well about Incas, Aztecs and Mayas. So, it's amazing to dive deeper in it's history to show something the players maybe don't know. And I'm pretty sure the Tupac Yupanqui's voyage to Pacific is an unknown event who should be in a game who empower history.
If you want to portray another civ as a "one off" naval explorer civ, I'd look for China under the Yongle Emperor. Inca pull of being the mountain civ the best.

As ever, we don't have to rely on anyone or accept any given source.

We can call into questions their accounts when it's only their recording centuries after the fact. We can look for evidence that support or contradict their accounts in archaeology. And if their claims remain too extraordinary to lend credence to, we can (and should) continue doubting them.

Part of history, is accepting that there are parts of history that are lost to us - where we cannot know the truth of what happened. That's not an excuse to uncritically accept myths instead.

And anyone can claim whatever credentials they want on YouTube. It's a good place to get ideas of things you might want to investigate further, but it's worthless as evidence of anything. If you get your history from there uncritically, you don't know history.

The Incans should not be turned into a naval civ based on a one-off story about something that might or might not have happened. They should focus on the already very impressive stuff that they really did do - like efficent administration, mountain dwelling and communication. There's enough that's really cool in the things we know the Incans really did do, and did with amazing regularity (not a one-off event) without latching on to what may or may not be a legend.

Tupac Amaru led--and lost--an Incan rump state. It's the equivalent of choosing Alexandr Kerensky to lead Russia.

It's the equivalent of choosing Alexandr Kerensky to lead Russia.
Or even Kolchak, who was just the more vigorous and militant extension of Kerensky's regime - and the better known one to Westerners.

He should be the latter of two leaders. One could be huayna capacity or pachacuti whichever one and the other one Tupac. 🤔

Top Bottom