Should we attack the Iroquois (last poll)

Should we attack the Iroquois now?

• Yes

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Civman2004

Something goes here...
Alright people - one question, choose an answer.

There has been some dissension about the decision to attack. This is an opportunity to overturn that decision, if support is shown. This will only run for 1 day, so vote fast. If it is apparent that there are not enough votes to make a decision, I will go off previous polls and discussions.

Should we attack the Iroquois now?
Yes
No
Abstain

This is deliberately private poll as it appears to be a very contentious issue.

Moderator Action: A 24 hour poll without much discussion on such a game-defining topic is way too short. Closing date removed. - Rik

God, do I love the simple polls or what. Too bad many will miss it... but I guess it's their responsibility, right?

I hope not too many will miss it - I think I posted it almost 24 hours before the tc. I'll have to be on the ball to get the results just before the tc though.

I vote war, if the best happens we will be unstopable, if the north goes bad, or they make an allaince then the demogame will become more of a challenge.

Nobody said:
I vote war, if the best happens we will be unstopable, if the north goes bad, or they make an allaince then the demogame will become more of a challenge.

VOTE NO!!

The DemoGame should be more of a challenge, Nobody. Let's quit playing this game as if we were submitting a GOTM, and try to remember that we are supposed to be a sovereign government that should not automatically default to war.

There are citizens lives at stake, both at home and in Iroquois Nation. Are we just going to default to the next conquest once one is complete? Since we know how to manipulate the game to prevent a war on all fronts (which is what our remaining neighbors would realistically do if faced with our bloodthirsty landgrab), our cowardly elimination of one civ at a time will take any risk (and fun) out of the game.

How boring and sad. Find some humanity, and open up the RPG possibilities of this game. This is a far more noble pursuit than our current soulless march to continental domination.

I join the resistance to war, proposed by Rik Meleet and Donovan Zoi, and others.

Let peace be upon our lands!

I'm not for all out total conquest but I feel we need to take out the Iroquois, they've attacked us before, who says they're not playing to do it again?

Take out the Iroquois, but let term IV be a more peaceful one. No need for the customary
annihilation of the Babylonians, it is not their fault they are digital arabs.

We prepared for war vs Iros and I'd like to win them. Units are already in position...
Becuase there is such support for no war I would be willing to vote this war as last ofensive war and thus I would spare Babilonians... We could play defensively then..

I voted no on this (again) and I agree that 24 hours polls are something we can and should avoid I am very disheartened that a moderator has stepped in and modified the end date of a poll! This is yet another example showing that demogame moderators should not be demogame players.

Like, give peace a chance!

-- Ravensfire

donsig said:
(..) I am very disheartened that a moderator has stepped in and modified the end date of a poll! This is yet another example showing that demogame moderators should not be demogame players.
Moderator Action: If you don't like my mod-action, complain to eyrei, Chieftess or Thunderfall in a PM, but don't discuss mod-actions.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

gert-janl said:
I join the resistance to war, proposed by Rik Meleet and Donovan Zoi, and others.

Let peace be upon our lands!

I second that motion!

NO WAR!
For now atleast...

Also Civman, might i suggest this poll should have been public, this is not dealing with people, so its not gonna hurt anyones feelings depending on what u vote....

Top Bottom