Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Another Civ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
I voted for yes, But I would rather wait untill we have assembled our troops close to the Babylonian Borders and streingthen the border cities there.

Yes, once we have an overwhelming force of cavs we should attack Babylon. It shouldn't take more than a few turns to overrun the entire Babylonian mainland and greatly strengthen ourselves, plus trigger a GA with our Musketeers.

:lol: Looks like the War with Babylon is unanimous so far! 7-0!

BTW, what's the number of votes needed for quorum? Or are we still doing that?

Originally posted by Chieftess
BTW, what's the number of votes needed for quorum? Or are we still doing that?

Easy answer - read the books.

Quick answer - quorum doesn't apply for this.

Best answer - this is an informational poll only, so it doesn't matter. MOD does not handle diplomatic matters with foreign civs.

-- Ravensfire

This is where it get complicated - yes FA has to declare the war, but there's little point in doing so if MOD isn't ready and doesn't have the appropriate plans, so whether we want a war or not is a cross department thing. We still have to decide when we declare war, so as long as I poll that one it will all be official or can I act on the results of this one?

Quite honestly - I don't care. For the most part, two people are pushing their agenda's through right now. As a whole, the cooperation and lack of respect for other leaders has hit an all-time low. It's pathetic.

Furiey, the answer is simple - the MOD, or any citizen, asks you to run a discussion on a war. That's it - not how to do it, just if we should. A second discussion on how to prosecute the war. Pretty simple.

But no, we're not bothering with that. Look at the city queue discussion - heck, we can't be bothered with the Governors, and their ideas must just stink anyway, so let's just toss it out here.

Yes, we are truly approaching a democracy game right now, not the representative game that has been the norm. Don't bother using the Government forum - that's just useless effort right now. Got an idea for another leader's area - just post the thread! Don't like their philosphy - post a thread! Oh, and keep whining about it. Over and over and over. That's good too!

Yes, I'm bitter and disillusioned. Why aren't you?

-- Ravensfire

What are you so bitter about? I'm trying to post discussions that haven't been around lately. Atleast some people *ARE* discussing things like build queues. As a citizen, I have my own opinion. The governors making build queues at a whim isn't democractic to me.

I think a line has to be drawn somewhere regarding the democracy aspect of this game. If you take away the Governors power of making their own build queues, then there really isn't a point for Governors. The citizens vote in the Governor they think will do the best job and make the right choices when managing their cities. I'm not against citizens giving input on how to run the cities, but I do think that having votes for build queues is a little ludicrous.

Originally posted by calinator
I think a line has to be drawn somewhere regarding the democracy aspect of this game. If you take away the Governors power of making their own build queues, then there really isn't a point for Governors. The citizens vote in the Governor they think will do the best job and make the right choices when managing their cities. I'm not against citizens giving input on how to run the cities, but I do think that having votes for build queues is a little ludicrous.

With that argument, then what's the point of dicussions? Why not just let the advisors do all the work? That's how it was in the first month of DG1. Discussions are good. I see that from every department but the governors. I'd *LOVE* for the governors to post more discussion threads. Maybe an advisor wants a province to build more defensive units, or banks. Sure they could post in the governor thread. Sure, all discussions could go in the advisor threads. That's what we did in DG1 term 1. Also, this isn't a vote for a build queue, although that would be nice if governors did that.

With that argument, then what's the point of dicussions? Why not just let the advisors do all the work? That's how it was in the first month of DG1. Discussions are good. I see that from every department but the governors. I'd *LOVE* for the governors to post more discussion threads. Maybe an advisor wants a province to build more defensive units, or banks. Sure they could post in the governor thread. Sure, all discussions could go in the advisor threads. That's what we did in DG1 term 1. Also, this isn't a vote for a build queue, although that would be nice if governors did that.
I know this isn't a vote for a build queue, but people have been talking about that idea. I don't think its the Governors that don't want to get involved, but rather the citizens. There are threads for every province and citizens are free to post their ideas or complaints. Why are you so keen on Governors making discussion threads? I don't see a point since citizens rarely post in the province threads already established. There are also tons of Mayor positions open, but I see no citizens standing up and taking a strong initiative in getting involved. I mean, how often do we see citizens at a turnchat? I don't think there is anything wrong with the democratic aspect of DemoGame or Governors involvement in discussion, but I do think there is a problem with citizen morale.

It's only because they're the only ones that don't post discussion threads. Some citizens don't even look at the save, and have no way of knowing of a city really needs a colloseum, or if it's in dire need of defense.

It's only because they're the only ones that don't post discussion threads. Some citizens don't even look at the save, and have no way of knowing of a city really needs a colloseum, or if it's in dire need of defense.

Totally irrelevant. Officials ought to be providing that information. I was quite proud of the information I put together for the Term 3 MIA. One of the reasons I did resign this term is I was unable to provide that information. All of that information can be put in a summary post (or 4) in the Government threads.

Lack of Summary Info
I was updating 6 or so screenshots and two spreadsheets each turn chat. Total time was about 1.5 hours.

Furiey regularly posts information in his thread (MFA), as does zorven (Judiciary). I never created an MIA thread, and no replacement has been appointed, or even sought for. That's disappointing. MOD - no summary information. How many garrison troops do we have? Knights? Other? Not a clue. How many being produced? Not a clue.

Provinces -
Audiac - information is hopelessly outdated worse than no information. Hopefully nobody will depend on that information to make decisions. The only thing worse than no information is bad information.

Sérliënorë - same thing - outdated information. Great start though - details on each city - love it! Please update though ...

Endor - nothing useful here. Oh wait, city names. Yeah, nothing useful here.

Alluares - Shock! Gasp! Updated information?!?! Doth mine eyes deceive me? And this is from a new citizen?!?! Shame on the oldtimers.

donsig's idea of a single thread, continually updated by officials as a summary of the game status is an interesting one. I'm not totally for it, but this utter lack of information being posted is ridiculus.

No, I should not have to open the save. Believe it or not, I don't always have access to it. In fact, almost half of each week-day, I will not be able to even contemplate looking at the save. Discussions happen though, ones that citizens would like to participate. Leaders, take a small amount of time and give us, the citizens, you know, the ones that elected you, a summary of your area of concern. It doesn't have to be fancy - just functional, useful and updated.

-- Ravensfire

What are you so bitter about? I'm trying to post discussions that haven't been around lately. Atleast some people *ARE* discussing things like build queues. As a citizen, I have my own opinion. The governors making build queues at a whim isn't democractic to me.

Ah yes, and going around elected official does sound fine to you, doesn't it?

Let's see, you've got an issue with the queues of a province - so why bother with posting first in the Province thread - that's just useless, right? Why bother with a discussion that might change the mind of the leader - let's just step all over them!

That's called a lack of respect. It's one thing to respond that way to a leader that's ignoring your comments. It's something else to not even recognize the ability or efforts of a leader. You're right, your are a citizen with an opinion. So's the leader. Maybe, just maybe, they have a goal, a vision for their area that doesn't match yours. Shocking, yes, but true sometimes.

You keep complaining about the lack of roleplaying in this game. That starts with you, as an elected leader, playing that role here in the forums, in your discussions. It's not difficult, and it adds a lot to the game. It makes the other leader feel recognized and honored that you respected them enough to come to their office and discuss the problem. Think about it - what would you do if I posted a request that you poll for rejection of your current military plan under CoL A.6.b? What if two other citizens agreed? How would you feel then?

Think about it.

-- Ravensfire

Top Bottom