Should we declare war on the Japanese within the next few turns?

Should we declare war on the Japanese within 5-10 turns?

• Yes

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

eyrei

Deity
Retired Moderator
By next few turns I mean 5-10. As soon as we get our troops to the border.

Discussion is spread throughout many threads, but the main one is here .

What will our attack force be like by then?

Personally that's fine with me, but I would like to see us in the glorius form of Government called Monarchy by then. I believe this should happen before we go to war. Period.

I vote Abstain. We need to find out what the populace wants more at this time: Monarchy or a war with Japan. With a prolonged Anarchy period expected, I don't see how we can do both.

I invite someone to post the above poll as I am still learning the laws for posting polls.

My point being Donovan is that 15 turns down the road, when we can see our goal in the war with Japan as obtainable, we will (well maybe not me) be saying "Harumph! We can't switch to Monarchy in the middle of the war! Don't be foolish!

So then maybe be turn 30 from now, if America or someone else hasn't declared war on us, we might be thinking "that maybe now would be a good time to improve this sluggish Government that is hold our nation back". But maybe...never mind. There will always be those that want the Government of Depotism.

Believe me, Cyc....I am not a proponent of Despotism and don't like to stay mired in it any longer than I have to. I almost always switch to the most advanced form of government the moment I discover it. However, there is a good part of the population that wants this war with Japan sooner than later and with Chivalry(and Samurais) on the way, I can definitely see their point.

But a government change will halt production for some time when we really need to boost our military might. If we get a strong front line now, there may be a chance that we can sustain our grip while we endure our Anarchy period during the war.

However, not a call we are allowed to make. I think we need to take this to the people in an either/or poll.

I would vote yes, We have Enough troops. Though I am leaning more twards waiting 10 turns to declare war due because of possibility of a Government switch.

I think this poll has to be taken again because no side got more than 50.00%(counting abstain as a vote).

Actually we don't have to take it over if it reaches quorum, whichis 17 or 18 votes I believe
EDIT- It's closed now so we have to retake it:(

Please repoll this for the upcoming (Saturday) chat.

We are quickly losing our window of effective attack. I think we have the necessary forces right now and should declare war against Japan. Our first assault forces are in place, the war machine is online and feeding troops forward. If we wait until every aspect is perfect we will get wholloped as Japan is building faster than we are. It is critical that we attack and take a chunk out of Japan before they get pikes up against our horsemen and well before they get Chivalry. That time is now.

I really think we're thinned out... We might be able to take a few cities, but holding them is the question...

:cry: "Just make it quick!!" :cry:

I am not worried. I think we have an initial strike force solid enough to endure a few turns of anarchy. Keep beefing up our defenses, though. Let's ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom