1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Should we end DG6 sooner?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game VI: Polls' started by Double Stack, Jun 19, 2005.

?

Should we end DG6 sooner? How?

Poll closed Jun 22, 2005.
  1. Yes, win by domination

31.6%
  2. Yes, win by conquest

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, win by culture

63.2%
  4. Abstain

5.3%
  1. Double Stack

Double Stack Prince

Seeing how we losing interest and begining to go in a grind. Why don't we see if the Will of the People changed. Hence, I am putting up a poll to see the opinion of the people.

If you want to end it sooner, choose how should we end it sooner. If you want to end it normally by culture, choose no.

If you want to end it sooner but by culture, then choose abstain.

2. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

eh.... where do a bunch of quiters, Play on to total victory

3. Kentharu

Kentharu Zebra Commander

i say finish this DG one reason i want to be here from the begining and second we already won so why not end it faster with out drawing it out

4. Bertie

Bertie Prince

I voted to stick to our original plan: a cultural win.

The game has slowed somewhat because we're not concentrating on accumulating culture as quickly as we could. We need to build a lot more cities as quickly as we can, and rush libraries and temples in each one. We can accomplish this by slowing our research and using the cash savings to rush culture. We're doing a pretty good job of building cavs to disband in corrupt cities, but we might be able to do more of this, too.

5. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Blood Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Stick to the plan ;)

6. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

Let's end it by culture so that we can say "We won by culture" and never choose culture as a victory condition again. ;)

7. zyxy

zyxy Warmongering Fool

We could try to speed up in game time by concentrating on culture (shameless plug TM) as Bertie said. A 130K victory always takes long, but the enormous lack of planning is another main reason.

We could speed up more in real time by doing longer or more TC's.

I'll vote to stick to the plan for now. If this would really take another 200 turns, then yes please, change to domination and be done with it.