1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Should we follow my plan for wonders?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game VI: Polls' started by classical_hero, Jun 24, 2005.

?

Do you agree with me?

Poll closed Jun 26, 2005.
  1. Yes. Swap to my plan.

66.7%
  2. No. Stick to the orgina plans.

11.1%
  3. Abstain.

22.2%
  1. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

2. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

Posting this for the 3rd time as it is information relevant to this decision. If Spichester is swtiched to ToE it will build it in 9 turns.

Hoover Dam is 800 shields. From the current builds the top cities could build it as follows:
    Code:
    	        stored	per turn  turns to go
    Oxford	          294	   39	      13
    Spichester	  351	   30	      15
    donsignia	    0	   52	      16
    Husborne Crawley   42	   42	      19
    Halls of Mandos	   42	   42	      19
    Provolutia	   40	   40	      19
    Black Hole	  186	   27	      23
    ToE in Spichester, Hoover Dam in Oxford is therefore the quickest way to get both.

3. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Let's see if I've got this right. Spichester is currently on Palace, and Oxford is on ToE. The plan is to swap them so that Spichester is on ToE and Oxford is on Palace, so that Oxford can switch to Hoover?

To do a double switch like this, you need to have something else to switch one of the cities to which takes more shields than are already banked. I won't be able to look at a save until later tonight, but if someone would care to check on this to see if it's even possible to switch things around it would be helpful.

From the discussion I have to assume that Spichester doesn't have a river in it's 22 tiles? If it does have a river then why switch at all?

Again, no access to a save atm, but if we still have our MGL available, he can build an army, then we'd be able to switch the smaller existing prebuild to Pentagon, then carry out the double switch -- if the Pentagon is more shields than we have stored up.

4. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

Universal Sufferage is available for the switch.

Spichester does not have a river otherwise there would be no reason to switch.

We could use the leader for the Army and switch using the Pentagon, but there is no need as we have Universal Sufferage.

5. zyxy

zyxy Warmongering Fool

Well, the prebuilds leave us no choice, do they? We can either throw away a few 100 shields, or vote "yes". So why vote at all?

I'll abstain.