Should we give in to threats for technology from other civs?

Should we give in to threats for technology from other civs?

• Yes

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Only if they are right next to us

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

eyrei

Deity
Retired Moderator
This poll is the result of a discussion in this thread.

Before voting, note the following:

That once we have categorized a civ as a Most Favored Nation, they will be given one "Get out of jail free card", meaning, that the first time they threaten us, we will cave in. However, their status will immediately be reassessed.

Also, as this is one of three polls on the same topic, I will explain how it will work. The 3 types of threats are monetary, maps, and technology. If a threat contains any element that has been deemed too valuable by these polls, it will be rejected.

Finally, a definition of "Right next to us" is necessary. For the purposes of these polls, it will mean any civ whose borders touch our contiguous borders (those that contain the capital, though until our culture expands, it will mean all borders not completely separated from the rest of the country by another civs borders), or if there is only unclaimed territory between the borders. The foreign affairs ministry will provide a list of countries considered to be next to us before each turn chat. Basically, ignoring a threat from one of these countries will precipitate an immediate military conflict if they are not bluffing. Currently, the civs falling into this category are: Japan, India, China, America and Azteca.

We shall never give in to the threats of the Enemy Civ. We will never give them our Techs.

The only real redeeming factor in this "threat" cave-in or rejection is the lack of gold. If it were an offer to buy our techs, we would lie down and let them rifle our pockets. Yes, anytime we can make a buck, we will sell our knowledge to the less scientific. Take the Japanese, what's the one weapon they can get that we fear the most? Very good, the Samurai. So what do we sell to everyone including the Japanese? Monotheism, one step away from Chivalry. Why don't we sell them Iron later if we're lucky enough to take their source from them? Think of all the money we would make. OK, I'm done with my rant. I had to get this feeling of being a prostitute of my chest. I will vote for "only if they're right next to us" if you promise to take the Aztecs off the list :)

If a civ is threatening a tech off us they must be behind. Therefore, we are superior. I say we would probaby be in the position to crush them anyways so "ok, cave in". (then declare war on our terms)

Bump.

Top Bottom