Should we switch to researching polytheism?

Should we switch our research to polytheism?

• Yes

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • No, keep researching literature

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • No, switch to math or map making or something else

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

donsig

Low level intermediary
We are currently researching literature despite strong citizen support for a research path to monarchy.

At our current rate of research it will take 33 turns to finish researching literature and 40 turns to research monarchy.

this post in the FNSD thread contains links to previous polls on our science queue.

This poll will be open for 3 days.

Now, for my daily complaint against donsig :D

Literaure will be more beneficial right now. First of all, if we did switch, by the time we finished monarchy, the war would've been long over. I seriouly doubt it will last 80 turns. Second, we have virtually no culture. Libraries, made available by literature, will be the backbone of our cultural strength.

we will get literature from the aztecs by the end of war propably. they will trade cheap with the other civs, and if we are successful we can bribe it out of them. we are strong, they are weak.

Yes, we should switch. Over and over the path to Monarchy was shown as preferred by the populous. The only times it was defeated is when Monarchy was not mentioned and the choices were things like Great Library vs. Mysticism. We want a king!

Literature is an often researched tech by the AI. We will get it from them. As an optional tech, Monarchy is researched much later by the AI and sometimes not at all. We should be spending our resources to get these techs that will not already be falling into our laps.

personally i hope this measure doesnt reach quorum. Seems to be this one keeps getting beaten to death and lit always seems to win overall
give it up you will get you heoric epic and the cuture peeps can get their culture. we need a balanced plan people, we are so one sided its not funny

One more thing to add. I think that your letting the RPG influence the tech queue a bit. We dont need need a king, Id rather have a consul :)

EDIT:
deleted previous comment
new comment:

i think a binding official poll is needed here. there are so many disputes about this and obviously no chance to find a concensus that the populace has to have a final decission about this topic.

Then Strider and i emphasize Strider should take the bull by the horns and post a single definitive poll outlining out tech research.

Like i said before we dont need monarchy. Kings were oppressive and thought they were gods right hand men, ick no, Republic is the way since the goverment is for the people by the people right?

Fionn: The science departmen can not ignore the decission of populace to go to war. In republic, we wont win the war. In Monarchy, we will. I believe that one is donsigs point on posting the poll. Our main-direction is set to war. Nothing else.

EDIT:
btw i dont believe we will manage to build the GL. we only have 3 cities compared to propably 6-7 ai-cities. and also we have to produce for a already decided war. no chance for GL imho. so why bother to research it? we wont even have spare shields to build libraries!

i won a war in monarch level (which was a pain in the you know what) with republic. It shouldnt matter what difficulty your in, besides by the time we do go to war we wont have monarchy anyways so its kind of a dead issue

well, but you must admit this poll will finally stop this endless discussion. i would propose to let this be the last poll on that issue and then do what it sais if it reaches quorum.

Yes, we really should switch to polytheism. Not because of the war, but because a switch to monarchy will be far more beneficial than a library ridden despotism. Monarchy is also a much better government for future warmongering and gives us the option of acquiring the Hanging Gardens. We can get literacy later on, when we have a nation and government that is ready to extract real benefit from those libraries.

Originally posted by FionnMcCumhall
personally i hope this measure doesnt reach quorum. Seems to be this one keeps getting beaten to death and lit always seems to win overall
give it up you will get you heoric epic and the cuture peeps can get their culture. we need a balanced plan people, we are so one sided its not funny

This one *gets beat to death* because Strider keeps ignoring the polls that call for a path to Monarchy. See this post in the FNSD.

This early on we can't be balanced. We decided to be war like and have built an army. It is time to use that army to defeat the Aztecs. At the same time we must keep building our strength because we are between America and Japan. They will not sit by while we absorb Azteca. Any sign of weaknesson our part and one or both of them will pounce. I do not foresee a shor war with the Aztecs and then 3000 years of peace.

I do hope everyone understands that our desire to have monarchy soon does not mean we want to be a monarchy forever. I, too, understand the benefits of war making as a republic. Trouble is we don't have the infrastructure (markets and trading partners) that we need to support a republic at war. That day will come but it is far off. In the mean time we can reap many benefits by entering a period of monarchy.

And Shaitan is right, our desire for monarchy is based on our needs inthe Civ s game not the RPG game. :king:

Yes,of course.Monarchy is what I want!

I've always said "Monarchy" up till today when I think Literature will be better for our Scientific civ. We just don't have enough cities to support Monarchy and I think we'll start losing money should we switch too soon. The lower military support will be more than the income we recover from lower corruption.

Top Bottom