Should western nations place tighter controls on immigration from Islamic countries?

Should western nations place tighter controls on immigration from Islamic countries?

• Total voters

Riesstiu IV

Deity
After seeing numerous riots in numerous western European nations and Australia, it seems like Islamic society and western societies are simply incompatible. After years of hearing about suicide bomber, jihads, terrorism, I’m starting to lose any sympathy I’ve had. It’s gotten to the point I no longer take Muslim leaders seriously. With characters like Arafat, Ahmadinejad, and Bashar al-Assad how can you? I keep hearing excuses for the “religion of peace” but I frankly no longer believe it. Why should western nations make accommodations for immigrants who refuse to conform? Furthermore, each new survey and report only makes me want to hate Islam even more. I cannot think of a single redeeming factor.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/07/23/npoll23.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/07/23/ixnewstop.html

YouGov asked respondents how they feel about Western society and how, if at all, they feel Muslims should adapt to it. A majority, 56 per cent, believe "Western society may not be perfect but Muslims should live with it and not seek to bring it to an end".

However, nearly a third of British Muslims, 32 per cent, are far more censorious, believing that "Western society is decadent and immoral and that Muslims should seek to bring it to an end".

Among those who hold this view, almost all go on to say that Muslims should only seek to bring about change by non-violent means but one per cent, about 16,000 individuals, declare themselves willing, possibly even eager, to embrace violence.

To me 1/3 is a lot of people who would like western societies turned into “Islamic” nations. I can’t even begin to fathom this kind of mindset. Why would you immigrate to a western nation and then complain that it isn’t to your liking? Shouldn’t these 1/3 stay in their nations of origin if they don’t respect the west?

Perhaps it’s none of my business but to see these kinds of riots in Western Europe or Australia is, IMO, insane. Having Danish artists go into hiding because Islamic militants are threatening them is just outrageous. I’m actually thankful I live in an area filled with fervent Christians and no Muslims. I may perceive their beliefs to be backwards and stupid but at least I don’t have to be fearful of getting killed if I criticize their beliefs.

To me one of the easiest solutions to the war on terror is to simply limit immigration and not get involved with the affairs of the Islamic world. Withdraw all soldiers from Afghanistan and Iraq and conduct thorough background checks on any potential immigrants. The west has had to deal with overbearing religious zealots for hundreds of years; we shouldn’t have to deal with them anymore. Let the Middle East deal with itself. I think this would help cool down relations.

There should be tighter controls on immigration in general. Here in NYC, in the district Flushing, Queens, I more than half of all residents are illegal Asian immigrants. I think we need to start cracking down on those illegal immigrants while limiting immigration. The truth is, Western nations, especially the US do not need immigrants to fill jobs any more. We past that point a long time ago.

In answer to the thread question - No. People should be judged as individuals, not by the country they come from.

If they break the law whilst here then by all means arrest and try them. But as far as i'm concerned, we should stick to the principle of inncocent untill proven guilty.

I'm no fan of Islam, just like i'm no fan of Christianity, but this doesn't mean we should should resort to solutions like that which really achieve nothing. Restricting immigration (further) would serve to appear racist and fan the flames.

First we should make our own countries secular, and end state sanctioning of the church. Immigrants would be then coming into a secular country and as such have to respect this.

Free speach must be defended at every point, we should emphasise that to live here is to accept a society where no religion is above mockery.

There should be a single test - show them a picture of an innocent civilian beheaded with a knife by a group of Islamofascist, and then show them a picture of Muhammed. Ask which one is more offending. If they point to the one with Muhammed - contact CIA ASAP.

Honest Atheist said:
There should be a single test - show them a picture of an innocent civilian beheaded with a knife by a group of Islamofascist, and then show them a picture of Muhammed. Ask which one is more offending. If they point to the one with Muhammed - contact CIA ASAP.

HAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahaha.a.a.a.a.a.a.a.a.

Nah, is you for rizzle?

I think they would also be offended by this picture:

but thats just me.

Not only that, they should prevent immigration. See what kind of patriots are they in England, for example.

I support a complete economic and military blockade of the region. Give Israel Saskatchewn and the UAE and Qatar can get Manitoba. Confine the rest under threat of cruise missilage. I've had enough of this destructive immolative faith.

newfangle said:
I support a complete economic and military blockade of the region. Give Israel Saskatchewn and the UAE and Qatar can get Manitoba. Confine the rest under threat of cruise missilage. I've had enough of this destructive immolative faith.

If you confine them a bit more to the north, in Canada's Arctic, you might not need any missiles. If a Rammadan falls on June, the only options they would have are renegate of their faith and eat during suntime or die of starvation. ( Muslims cannot eat during suntime in Ramadam, and above arctic circle, sun never sets on June)

newfangle said:
Saskatchewan, Manitoba... Moose Jaw and Flin Flon are there! Now, just how would you feel if they gave up Atrebla ;).

turn It Into Glass! Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

bad_ronald said:
Saskatchewan, Manitoba... Moose Jaw and Flin Flon are there! Now, just how would you feel if they gave up Atrebla ;).

And Piglet is there in Winnipeg's Zoo. He would be the first victim.

:joke:

I answered yes, but it should be understood that I want tighter controls on immigration across the board. Coming from Ireland, Japan, Iran, or Brazil? Meet the same stringent (and I mean stringent) standards, and you can enter on a provisional basis.

newfangle said:
The Israelis would complain about getting short changed.

I say, Israel and Palestine should be ruled by that Dali Lama, and China divides Tibet into section for Israel and a section Palestine. It killing three birds with one stone!

Why just Islamic countries? Those damn Chinese, Somalians, New Zealdners, Taiwanese, Mongolians, Armenians, Chechnyans, Lithuanians, Mexican, Columbians, Brazillians, Argentinians, Icelanders, etc. aren't very friendly either. I mean just because there are few apples definitely means that the entire civilization is horrible. :sarcasm:

I'm going to make this clear and simple: Take a look at your own country/religion/culture before complaining about someone else's.

ComradeDavo said:
People should be judged as individuals, not by the country they come from.

:goodjob: Exactly. The world will find real security only when the human race can get this idea through their thick pig-headed skulls.

Riesstiu IV said:
It’s gotten to the point I no longer take Muslim leaders seriously. With characters like Arafat, Ahmadinejad, and Bashar al-Assad how can you? I keep hearing excuses for the “religion of peace” but I frankly no longer believe it.
Yes, I tire of the “religion of peace” rhetoric as well. The evidence states otherwise.

Riesstiu IV said:
Why should western nations make accommodations for immigrants who refuse to conform? Furthermore, each new survey and report only makes me want to hate Islam even more. I cannot think of a single redeeming factor.
At least here in Montreal, Muslims conform for the most part, as do most other immigrants. I have known many people who are, or are children of, immigrants (starting with me, of course). Expect for the firebombing of a Jewish school and a riot at Concordia, it has been peaceful here. Despite what anti-immigration polemics and some multicultural advocates say, most children of immigrant become good Westerners, ethnic backgrounds regardless.

blackheart said:
I mean just because there are few apples definitely means that the entire civilization is horrible. :sarcasm:

It's more then just a few bad apples. Compared to the rest of the world, there is a serious problem of violent religious fundamentalism in nearly all Islamic nations. Haven't you been watching the news? Haven't you checked out recent surveys? I'm sorry but the usual bleeding heart rhetoric just isn't going to cut it for me. I know what I see. It's my belief that immigration from the Middle East should be monitored very carefully to ensure safety.

blackheart said:
I'm going to make this clear and simple: Take a look at your own country/religion/culture before complaining about someone else's.

So what? It's far from perfect but it sure looks better then a lot of places around the world.

No. Just because a person was born somewhere is no reason to decide that they can't live in your country. IMHO, unless a person is in favor of stricter immigration control across the board then it would be rascist to support this.

Abgar said:
No. Just because a person was born somewhere is no reason to decide that they can't live in your country. IMHO, unless a person is in favor of stricter immigration control across the board then it would be rascist to support this.

Racism issue is just a poor argument especially since Islam does not equate to being a single race. I would agree that not allowing zero immigration could be construed as racism but all I'm advocating for is much better background checks and security for immigrants from Islamic countries. All this would help do was keep out these 1/3 who wish to change a society, often in violent ways.

Top Bottom