1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Should western nations place tighter controls on immigration from Islamic countries?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Riesstiu IV, Feb 5, 2006.

?

Should western nations place tighter controls on immigration from Islamic countries?

1. Yes

50.6%
  2. No

49.4%
  1. Aramazd

Aramazd Chieftain

The people of the Mid East are mainly Arab, a race. However, I thought you meant reducing the amount of Arabs entering the country just because they are from the Mid East. However, if all you advocate is background checks then I would support that.

2. Babbler

Babbler Chieftain

Well, it is prejudicial in any case; you are barring people solely for their country of origin's majority religion (also, what counts as an Islamic country? Does Nigeria count?). You are keeping out the 2/3 of those people who are willing to conform to the country's norms and values, and would improve the destination country's lot.

3. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

What do I care what opinion surveys say? You seem to think that Islam has been the only violent religion in all of history, or has all the nutcases.

Yet America shares the same problems of fundamentalism, hate, prejudice, and bigotry.

4. general_kill

general_kill Chieftain

If only allah told them not to live in Christian countries. That would solve all the problems.

5. Elrohir

Elrohir RELATIONAL VALORIZATION

True, but there are many Muslims that are not Arabs (Iran is actually largely an Aryan nation - no joke) or aren't in the Middle East, like Nigeria or Indonesia. Discriminating against Muslims, whether you agree with it or not, is simply not racism, it is religious discrimination. (I don't know the word for it; religionism perhaps?)

Anyway, I am for tighter immigration controls, period, but especially so when dealing with predominately Muslim countries. Perhaps that sounds harsh, but the fact of the matter is we are much more likely to let in a Al Qaeda terrorist from Iran than New Zealand or Greenland. This is a National Security issue, and should be treated as such.

6. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    I beleve there should be a tighter and more restrictive control on immigration from Islamic countries since apperently the 1st and 2nd genration immigrants from the Islamic countries have not grasp the concept of Democracy and freedom of speach as well as freedom of religion.

7. Bozo Erectus

Bozo Erectus Master Baker

Yes, they come to the West not with the intention of assimilating, but determined to make the West adapt to them. Our ways offend them, so they should stay in their own countries.

8. amadeus

amadeus めっちゃしんどい

Yes. If you don't assimilate, you don't belong here.

9. Riesstiu IV

Riesstiu IV Chieftain

Yes, let’s just ignore news reports. Stop putting words into my mouth. I never said Islam was the only violent religion in all history. Yet It's pretty obvious that currently it has the most violent fundamentalists.

You've got to be kidding. I'm pretty critical of America but even I wouldn't compare it to the likes of Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iraq, or Iran.

10. MattJek

MattJek Chieftain

Yes I agree. Maybe if moderates arent allowed to depart from islamic countries en masse, then they'll have more motivation to pressure their governments into change.

11. shahreevar

shahreevar Chieftain

to answer the question in the thread, NO. i am of muslim background, though i dont practice like i am supposed to. living in the US has taught me to speak up, value freedom, and have an open mind beyond racial, religious, sexual, ... boundries. if anything people like I will decide the fortune of the Mid east in the future. we know first hand what oppression is, and we dont take liberty for granted (although i think most westerners do, since they havent lived under atyranical regime)

besides the majority of immigrants (doesnt matter what their faith is)I know come here to pursure "good" things, to live a normal life, to advance.

p.s. plase dont generalize. were all Germans Nazis? are all black people criminals? are all white people racist? are all republicans bad, and all democrats good??

12. elfangor801

elfangor801 So cold....

Seconded. The previous waves of immigrants (To the US at least) assimilated into US culture, for the most part falling in completely but in some cases keeping a bit, within reason. Modern immigrants seem to think that when they immigrate, they are extending their own country into another. An easy parallel can be drawn with Mexico (That's illegal though). If the Muslims want to come here and be part of our society, good, we should probably get the smart ones out of there while we still can. Unfortunately I don't really see how you can screen thoughts like that.....:sad:

13. Comraddict

Comraddict C.IV

So, thanks to the latest events, it is okay to bash Islam & Muslims on CFC?

14. Elrohir

If by "bash" you mean "point out flaws and legitimately criticize", then yes, you may bash Islam and Muslims to your hearts content. :)

15. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

Amen to that! :goodjob:

Very well said, I agree completely. Muslims have given up the right to move into Europe after what some of them did in the last decade.

16. Comraddict

Comraddict C.IV

double post. sorry!

17. Comraddict

Comraddict C.IV

Well I remember at times, saying anything bad about Islam would result in temp. ban, warnign, or deletion of the post.

Also-topics containing word "Islam" are almost always about something bad.

18. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

Why? You have a plenty of evidence, that immigration from Muslim countries is in fact harmful and dangerous.

World isn't perfect libertarian utopia, Luiz, because people aren't all liberals. When you look at those coming from Islamic countries, they are usually poor, uneducated and the only thing they care of is their religion and their family. In Europe, they are causing crime and large portion of them is unemployed. What's really scary is the fact, that children of those reasonable, secular Muslims, who came to Europe in 70's and 80's, are also turning to islamic radicalism.

All in all, immigration from these countries is dangerous. What we need to protect the liberal nature of European society is to stop it, the sooner we do it, the better.

19. Pikachu

Pikachu Chieftain

I bet more than 1/3 of the westerners living in Islamic societies would like them turned into “democratic” nations too, so what is the difference?

20. Elrohir

Perhaps that's because almost anything Muslims are doing these days is bad. :mischief: