1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Show Diplomatic Deals 1.04

Shows diplomatic and trade deals in the Gossip area with turns remaining.

1. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Chieftain

PlotinusRedux submitted a new resource:

Show Diplomatic Deals - Shows diplomatic and trade deals in the Gossip area with turns remaining.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    FangoriousFae likes this.
  2. Baleur

Baleur Chieftain

Should be vanilla

3. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Chieftain

Friendship is the only thing I haven't been able to add, as I can't find any way to get the start or end turn for it. Like Denunciations, it doesn't show up in the DealManager.Items sequence, but Player:GetDiplomacy() has a GetDenunciationTurn(playerID) method I was able to use to calculate the turns remaining on Denunciations. I've searched all the objects I can think of with no luck, if anyone finds a way to determine when a Friendship started and/or will end, let me know and I'll add it.

Wavybone likes this.
  4. RandomOfAmber

RandomOfAmber Chieftain

Hi there. The notion of having an overview of my own deals with other civs is great, and as Baleur said, should be a vanilla feature. However, I don't care for the way this mod as it stands makes you omniscient about deals between other civs -- deals in which you are not involved and to which you should not be privy. [Edit: To be clear, it is one thing to have the game tell you 'Your delegate found out China is trading with France', but quite another to be able to look at China's screen and see that they traded away their Jade for France's Truffles, and that that deal will end in 12 turns; or that they've granted Open Borders to this civ or that; etc.]

Is there any way to alter the code to prevent these godlike powers?

Many thanks!

5. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Chieftain

@RandomOfAmber, I thought about that, but historically most diplomatic deals (especially agreements like Open Borders and certainly Denunciations ) were public, and I didn't see any harm in showing the data. If you haven't met the other player, it will show "Unknown Player".

However, I did consider making it dependent on your level of Diplomatic visibility (Full, Secret, Top Secret, etc.). To implement that, in the Mods\ShowDiplomaticDeals\UI\DiplomacyActionView.lua, at line 1412, replace:
    Code:
                if ( pDealData.PlayerID == ms_LocalPlayerID ) then
                    item = ms_IntelGossipHistoryPanelEntryIM:GetInstance(intelSubPanel.MyDeals);
                else
                    item = ms_IntelGossipHistoryPanelEntryIM:GetInstance(intelSubPanel.OtherDeals);
                end

with:
    Code:
                if ( pDealData.PlayerID == ms_LocalPlayerID ) then
                    item = ms_IntelGossipHistoryPanelEntryIM:GetInstance(intelSubPanel.MyDeals);
                else
                    -- > 2 for Full, > 3 for Secret, > 4 for Top Secret, > 5 for Never Show
                    if ( localPlayerDiplomacy:GetVisibilityOn(ms_SelectedPlayerID) > 3 ) then
                        item = ms_IntelGossipHistoryPanelEntryIM:GetInstance(intelSubPanel.OtherDeals);
                    else
                        item = nil;
                    end
                end

6. MentalMike

MentalMike Chieftain

7. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Chieftain

8. Wavybone

Wavybone Chieftain

Would like to see this

9. Lynnes

Lynnes Chieftain

Very nice mod, thank you! :)

10. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Chieftain

Lynnes likes this.
  11. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Chieftain

Really, really minor nitpick on the description. You state that this mod is: "Not compatible with other mods that also change DiplomaticActionlView.lua or DiplomaticActionView.xml."
    The actual files are: "DiplomacyActionView.xml & DiplomacyActionView.lua".

Only checked because I want to use this alongside 'Diplomatic Total' & 'Chao's QuickUI', and that means I'll need to merge some files from each.
    It would be nice if perhaps both these "Diploscreen" mods could be incorporated into CQUI.

12. Lynnes

Lynnes Chieftain

I really like the idea of including Diplomatic Visibility, but as you already said, Open Borders, Denunciations, DoFs, Defensive Pacts and Alliances should always be visible.
    Would it therefore be possible to differentiate between different kinds of trade items, so that only things like Gold, GPT and Resources (luxury and strategic) are affected by Diplomatic Visibility?

So even if a deal includes different visible and non-visible items like Open Borders for GPT, without the required visibility you can still see the outcome (Open Borders), but not what happened behind the scenes (GPT)?
    And I guess they surely wouldn't make a public announcement that someone bribed them into war. ;)

13. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Chieftain

14. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Chieftain

c4c6 likes this.
  15. ctudor

ctudor Chieftain

is this compatible with the new persia and macedonia update?

16. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Chieftain

Yes.

ctudor likes this.
  17. ctudor

ctudor Chieftain

18. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Queen's

It doesn't look like @PlotinusRedux , has been here in some time (April?), but I was wondering if anyone is still using this mod and if it still works at all with the Fall Patch?

19. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

I've had no problems with it after the Fall Patch.

Laurana Kanan likes this.