Shunned Governments in the C3Conquests Manual???

Minstrel

Music is the Key
Hello all,

I was reading through the manual that comes with C3Conquests and came upon the section titled, "New Tribes". While reading the characteristics of each tribe I was surprized to see listed, Preferred Governments and Shunned Governments. According to the manual, Each new tribe has a government they would rather be in and one that they avoid being in. I thought this was pretty interesting. Here is the list:

Arabs: Preferred/Republic........Shunned/Despotism

Byzantines: Preferred/Monarchy............Shunned/Feudalism

Carthaginians: Preferred/Republic.......Shunned/Communism

Celts: Preferred/Despotism.........Shunned/Republic

Hittites: Preferred/Fascism........Shunned/Despotism

Incans: Preferred/Communism......Shunned/Republic

Koreans: Preferred/Monarchy.......Shunned/Republic

Mayans: Preferred/Feudalism......Shunned/Democracy

Mongols: Preferred/Despotism......Shunned/Democracy

Netherlands: Preferred/Monarchy....Shunned/Despotism

Ottomans: Preferred/Republic.........Shunned/Despotism

Portugal: Preferred/Democracy......Shunned/Fascism

Scandinavians: Preferred/Monarchy.....Shunned/Republic

Spanish: Preferred/Monarchy......Shunned/Despotism

Sumeria: Preferred/Monarchy......Shunned/Republic

Now, my questions are,"Does being in a Shunned/Undesirable government have any effect on the Civ your playing?" "Does it have an effect on happiness?" "Or does being in the Civs shunned government have no effect at all?"

Im now wondering about all the other Civs that weren't listed in the manual. Obviously, they too would have a preferred and shunned government. I wonder what they are.

I can understand shunning Communism and Despotism, but Republic and Democracy? Well, I mean I can undestand why some civs at certain periods in their evolution would prefer a certain government type, but in the game, Democracy is usually the preferred Government of us players. Not all the time, but it is the state we strive for.

I found this interesting enough to post, maybe someone out there has some thoughts on this. Perhaps it means nothing at all as far as game play. So what do you guys think? :)

E.G. You are playing against an AI (Arabs). If your government is Republic, their attitude toward you would be a little bit better. Sometime, it's could change like from annoyed to cautious.

For shunned, it's the opposite.

Originally posted by LaRo

E.G. You are playing against an AI (Arabs). If your government is Republic, their attitude toward you would be a little bit better. Sometime, it's could change like from annoyed to cautious.

Hi LaRo,

Aha! So that is what it is all about. Ok, makes sense to me now. I knew that the AIs attitude depended somewhat on what government you were in as opposed to theirs. So this has to do with AI attitude towards your government type and nothing to do with which government the civ your playing prefers to be in. Thank you for clearing this up for me. :)

Gee, after further thought, it seems such a silly question now. :p

In actual game play, the effects of the Prefferred/Shunned governments are so minimal, that they are virtually inconsequential.

Ision

True, Ision. The main way I can tell is that sometimes the final price on stuff is a little better or worse on trades.

Originally posted by LaRo

Woah. Suddenly that all makes sense. I thought it had to do with which gov't type they preffered to be. I shall remember this . . . only to promptly forget it.

Originally posted by RealGoober

Woah. Suddenly that all makes sense. I thought it had to do with which gov't type they preffered to be. I shall remember this . . . only to promptly forget it.

That's what most folks think it means until told otherwise. You can sometimes see its effect if you trade another civ a new gov't type. They enter anarchy immediately and thier attitude will change.

I knew about the fact that the AI's attitude towards you changes with the gov type you have. But there isn't any influence on what the AI-civs prefer as their gov? I thought there was a little influence...

By the way, Arabs preferred gov is republic? Haha, name one true Arab republic today!

I'm a freaking idiot.
I've been avoiding moving my current civ's govt type (Mongols) to democracy because I thought they didn't like that type of govt (to be in).

D'oh !

Originally posted by marioh
I'm a freaking idiot.
I've been avoiding moving my current civ's govt type (Mongols) to democracy because I thought they didn't like that type of govt (to be in).

D'oh !

Don't be too hard on yourself. That is what it is intuitively understood to mean. The problem is that not everything about this game works intuitively. A simple rephrasing in the editor would eliminate this misunderstanding.

Top Bottom