SicilyGuy goes for the gold

SicilyGuy

Chieftain
I have created a scenario where i will play as sicily. only a conquest victory. small world, archipelago, 80% water, but there is 15 civs crammed into the space. The civs are in the spoiler if you want to know.
Spoiler :
(sicily, iceland, vietnam, germany, persia, aztecs, zulus, iroqouis, celts, korea, byzantines, inca, and south africa)

anyway, i have one advantage as sicily: i start out with one spearman in all my six cities (palermo, messina, catania, syracuse, agrigento, and trapani). i'm going to see if i can do it, so help me along the way if you want!

PART ONE THE BEGINNING

In 4000 B.C., the dawn of time, i declared war on the Vietnamese, because i have spearmen. Immediately i send soldiers south to invade the Vietnamese cities on my continent. In 3950 B.C., i raze Lao Chio and Hanoi, Vietnam, Hanoi being their capital. However on an island directly south there are still three Vietnamese cities and there are even more elsewhere.

In 3900 B.C., i declare war on the Aztecs who have a large empire near Trapani. Immediately i destroy Tlalmanalco and Tamuin, Aztecland.

By 3800 B.C., I destroy Chalco and Cempola, Aztec. As 3700 B.C. came, i declared war on the Icelanders, destroyed Isafjordhur, and Teayo in Aztec. Vietnam surrenders, giving up Vinh and Haiphong, the cities, 10 gold, and bronze working.

In 3650 B.C. i destroy Husavik, Iceland, and Ravfarhofn.

3450 B.C. Reykivik falls. Three hundred years later, Akureyri Iceland is desroyed. This makes all of Iceland gone, so i re-declare war on Vietnam now that i have two cities on the same island as their capital and have built an army up there.

In 3100 B.C., Hung Gai is captured, with no battle. Now i have no clue where Vietnam's remaining cities are but i know they are still around somewhere.

In 2850 B.C, Bagheria is founded. In 2630 B.C., I sign peace with the Aztecs, they give up Tlacopan and Texcoco and 35 gold.

But now i need a war :(. So, i declare war on the Zulus, who have three or so settlements south of Trapani. In 2550 B.C., Taromina is founded as Hlobane (2470 B.C.) and Intombe (2350B.C.) is destroyed. As 2150 B.C. approaches i sign a peace treaty with the Zulus and they give up Isandhlwanda. But in 2110 B.C. i redeclare war on the Zulus for a victory point location i want. I knock them out there and take the VP location.

Also in 2110 B.C., i declare war on the unguarded Celts who live south of the Zulu settlements near Trapani. I capture Eboracum in 2070 B.C., Burdigala in 1990B.C., Gergovina in 1950 B.C., and Agendicum in 1870B.C.

And for expansionist regions in the island where Texcoco is, I declare war on their champion, South Africa. I want their three cities. They may be small but they razed so many Aztec cities on that continent.

In 1750 B.C., the Celts spurred rebellion in Burdigala. I recaptured the city in 1725 B.C., and razed it, to show those bastards who's right... Also Texcoco is captured and razed by South Africa (doh!) and the Oracle is complete in Palermo.

In 1625 B.C. we are in the middle ages and winning the game! we have some 11,000 victory points already, and the runner-up is aztecs with 2,000.

In 1500 B.C. i sign peace with South Africa (i give them 30 gold), Celts (they give me 7 gold), Zulus (they give me 47 Gold) and Vietnam (they give me 60 gold).

Now Sicily will enter the new Pax Siciliana age of peace and prosperity. MOst of my cities are unguarded so i want to build garrison there now and also have a more cultured empire. Soon enough, though, i will have iron in my cities (i have some but its unconnected) and can build more advanced units. That's Sicily to date so...wait desperately until my next update.

feedback is good...even if it sucks, is boring, and makes you drool and you want to punch me, tell me

PART TWO-ANOTHER WAR WITH THE ZULUS/SOUTH AFRICANS

SicilyGuy was at work at his computer, controlling his nation at the click of a button, when his 5 year old short attention spanned neighbor boy came in and said "i want to see action." SicilyGuy calmly told him "I'm in Pax Siciliana now, i can't or it'll mess up my country." But the neighbor called him a whimp. That same turn, SicilyGuy's warships (they were exploring ships but carried soldiers in case they wanted to pillage a newly discovered island) discovered an island that held three Zulu cities: Zimbabwe, Bapedi, and Ulundi. So, SicilyGuy ordered the ships to land and attack the Zulus.

At first the war was sucessful. The troops razed Ulundi and captured Zimbabwe, only Bapedi was left in the west of the small island. But the counterattack on Bapedi was a sucess, and the Zulus recaptured the city. For the next thousand years, the Sicilians would fight the Zulus.

Sicily recaptured Zimbabwe sometime around when the neighbor left to eat dinner. After that, a huge force of archers assaulted Bapedi, the new Zulu capital. THey were all unsucessful. SicilyGuy rushed creation of archers in almost all of his cities and built more galleys to bring men to the island.

And caught up with the war in Zululand, the south Africans decided it would be a good time to declare war. The war in South Africa was a massive waste. Sicily signed an alliance with the Aztecs vs. them, the Aztecs captured a city, but as for Sicilian and South African combat it was a pointless bloodshed. No cities were taken, just lives. Eventually, South Africa sued for peace and gave about 12 gold to the Sicilians. All of this gold was invested in soldiers.

And the war in Zululand continued with failed offensives on Bapedi. The city had between three and five garrison, but they were all elites and the Sicilians were trying to get at least fifteen troops to attack the city.

One wonders if SicilyGuy ever saw back to the future III - you let a 5 yr old call you a wimp???

screen shots make a story go better :) and some idea of the capabilities of the civs would be nice, too - I assume that zulu is the same zulu, but what about iceland and vietnam?

BAPEDI, ZULULAND
SEPTEMBER 15, 1800 BC
Diary of a soldier

Outside of Bapedi we were cold and wet. Every day it seemed Zulu troops came out of the city to attack us. They battered us down, killing at least two men in my company of ten each week, only to be replaced by more men coming by ship. I have not had contact with my family since I was sent here in August. They say that by sending letters they could end up anywhere, even in enemy hands, and could give away our position.

And finally off in the distance of the icy sea, a galley full of new supplies and troops arrived. We had no ports, Zimbabwe was gone, so the ships would stop about forty feet from the beach and we, the soldiers, would go out into the literaly freezing water to unload the ship. It usually took twenty trips.

After this, we ate. For the first time in three days I enjoyed a hot meal. The new man in my company was tall and had dark skin. I think he was a Zulu captive from Ulundi. Anyway he seemed to have hostilites against the rest of us.

And suddenly, during dinner, as our fingers and noses and toes froze, and arrow fell beside me, followed by another hundred all around. We were being ambushed. We got up, ran back about two hundred yards to our fortress, and i grabbed my sword.

"Use this." said the sergeant. It was a longer sword, but it shot "bullets" out of it. Apparently it was the newest technology in the world, called muskets.

The fortification was under siege for about two hours. We constantly fended off the attackers until there were no more. It started to snow when the general announced we were going to attack Bapedi itself. I could not believe it. I didn't want to go. But we had to.

Soon as I knew it we had been marching for one whole hour through the darkness and blizzard. Polar bears attacked a few men back a few miles and men constantly fell dead from the cold. It is believed that more men died from the cold than in battle.

And soon we sall the lit city. Inside there seemed to be a festival of some sort. There was a large bonfire and a lot of people were crowded around it. I was so angry at these people that from almost a mile from the city, I opened fire. It did not reach them, I just did. And soon, arrows were flying at us. They knew of the attack. We ducked into the snow and shot at the defenses, killing most of them.

Soon a division of Sicilian pikemen ran into the walls of the city, cutting the timber that made up the walls. I still shot at the wounded defenders. As soon as the front wall imploded, we ran into the city, committing mischevious deeds. I slaughtered whole families and stole gold from homes and then burnt them as i exited, I mutilated captured soldiers, and by the morning the town that once had 18,000 citizens was left with only 1,600.

A ship arrived again, this time in the somewhat ruined harbor of Bapedi. It had 500 reinforcements for us from Messina, in case the batle didn't go well. The reinforcements could not believe their eyes. Soon the ship was loaded up with captive men and children. The women that survived were kept in the city and auctioned off to the victorious soldiers, to start the city over again. Dictator SicilyGuy wanted to keep the city, with a breed of half-Sicilian half-Zulu people there. Hail SicilyGuy,for his cruel tacticts!

And with that, Bapedi fell and so did the Zulu Empire, leaving only Aztecland, Celtia, and Vietnam in the known world.

Remaining civilizations (that i know of)

Vietnam-on a faraway continent with supposedly a high culture but backward military.
Celtia-no defenses whatsoever, but because of my backwards navy, i cannot reach their island because there is sea and ocean between me and them.
Aztecland-the Aztecs have a stronger military than me, but probably a litle more backwards, but they have double as many troops as me. After conquering South Africa i think they would make a difficult opponent, especially with the fact that they have soldiers on two of the same islands that i have cities on.

Also i send galleys exploring full with soldiers just in case i find an undefended country to conquer. It's for fun :)

Top Bottom